Need some feedback/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some feedback/opinions

I've been getting the itch lately for another bike. Probably something along the lines of a GSXR1000, or a CBR1000RR, or possibly a GSXR750.

There's a Honda/Polaris dealership right down the road from my work, and he has a 2010 CBR1000RR that has zero miles on it. For all intents and purposes, it's brand new. BUT, it is still 3 years old. I'm assuming that all the fluids are going to need to be flushed and replaced. I'm hoping there hasn't been any gas sitting in the tank all this time.

The point: Last year, I found this bike, and got him talked down to 10K for it, and I walked. Yesterday, I noticed it was still there, and called him today to see if he wanted to sell it, and he wouldn't go any lower than 11.5k

He doesn't care that the bike is 3 years old.

Is it wrong for me to be irritated about that? I offered him 9k and he damn near hung up on me. Was that too low an offer? I'm perplexed.
    Last edited by NTexas_V-Star; 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM. Reason: Missed a question mark, didn't want the punctuation police on my ass.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

I had a similar dealing with a dealer on a Star1300, new on the floor. They wouldnt budge, it was dumb.

I rode my buddy's Fz1 the other day, I loved it, and Im thinking about selling my bandit and picking up one myself. Might take a look at one, if you are inclined.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      I had a similar dealing with a dealer on a Star1300, new on the floor. They wouldnt budge, it was dumb.

I rode my buddy's Fz1 the other day, I loved it, and Im thinking about selling my bandit and picking up one myself. Might take a look at one, if you are inclined.
      I'm considering keeping the Harley, and just having two bikes. At least right now. I'm not too sure yet. FZ1....that a yamaha?

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
        I'm considering keeping the Harley, and just having two bikes. At least right now. I'm not too sure yet. FZ1....that a yamaha?
        yeah. Im thinking about ditching the bandit, buying an Fz1, and maybe a drifter or some other cruiser later.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          yeah. Im thinking about ditching the bandit, buying an Fz1, and maybe a drifter or some other cruiser later.
          I want more of a supersport, than a sport, at least right now.

Comment

Also, I just KBB'd a 2010 CBR1000R in excellent condition, and KBB says $8315 when PURCHASING FROM A DEALER.

I just can't quite wrap my head around the thought process necessary to try to sell that bike for $11.5k

Comment

Also, I just KBB'd a 2010 CBR1000R in excellent condition, and KBB says $8315 when PURCHASING FROM A DEALER.

I just can't quite wrap my head around the thought process necessary to try to sell that bike for $11.5k
              because he has a flooring program, where the bike earns interest the more it stays on the floor..... driving the cost of it up. and he is trying to not lose any money on it.

Comment

fz1 is alright, FI cool, half fairing gay....

anyways, you havent pulled the trigger yet man?

11.5k for a 2010 is high high. you can get a new off the showroom floor for not much more. pass

are you set on a honda? how big are you? i really like the 08+ but they are a bit cramped up. pretty much all ss bikes are, but the hondas seem more cramped up than the others.

ive decided to keep my b12, and just add a ss to the stable. it'll get a custom tail section and turbo later down the road

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  fz1 is alright, FI cool, half fairing gay....

anyways, you havent pulled the trigger yet man?

11.5k for a 2010 is high high. you can get a new off the showroom floor for not much more. pass

are you set on a honda? how big are you? i really like the 08+ but they are a bit cramped up. pretty much all ss bikes are, but the hondas seem more cramped up than the others.

ive decided to keep my b12, and just add a ss to the stable. it'll get a custom tail section and turbo later down the road
                  Definitely not paying 11.5 for that bike, trust me. The question was whether I'm wrong to be irritated about the guy not wanting to budge. Seems like idiocy to me.

I started giving Kawasaki a hard look yesterday.

Comment

buy my RC 51?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                      buy my RC 51?
                      I think he looking for a deal and not overpay on a bike.

Comment

you really need this

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          I like the usage of "really need", lol.

You know the seller or something? Or just a smoking deal you came across? It does look like an awesome deal, no denying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pappa pump View Post
                            I think he looking for a deal and not overpay on a bike.
                            Not necessarily looking for a deal so much as not looking to get taken to the cleaners.

Wasn't the last rc51 made in like 2005 or so? That's a little older than I want to spend money on.

Comment

I like the usage of "really need", lol.

You know the seller or something? Or just a smoking deal you came across? It does look like an awesome deal, no denying that.
                              just a badass bike with some tasteful mods...youll really like that ohlins damper.

offer 8500 and ride home imo

Comment

Working...
                              X