Problems with my R6s, help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my R6s, help please.

Okay, so ive had my bike sitting for several weeks without being used. It's an 07 R6s and never really had any problems with it. Now I can only have it started in Neutral. It won't start with the clutch pulled in and in gear. I can start it in neutral and put it in gear and roll, when i put the footpeg down it shuts off as it should so i know its not that sensor. Ive read online that it could be the Clutch interlock switch and needs to be replaced. and ive also read go can bypass it and not use it. Can anyone give me some feedback on how to fix this issue.Thanks

if you want to bypass the clutch safety switch altogether, remove the switch off the clutch perch, take the two wires out of the switch, splice them and connect them both together with a wire nut.

Comment

or solder and shrinkwrap them.

Comment

Bypassing it should not affect anything else right?
        I looked up the sensor and its only 22.00 bucks question is if thats the problem.

Comment

I always start my bikes in neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            I always start my bikes in neutral.
            same..
            2012 GT500

Comment

Check the adjustment on your clutch lever (if it has one some do not) and make sure it's not at the lowest adjustment point. Sometimes it's too low to engage the clutch safety. Sometimes the switch has some adjustment so you can loosen the screws and move it closer to the lever which will help if it's not being engaged.

If that's not the problem you can either replace it or bypass it your call.
              2004 Suzuki DL650
              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Do you have a neutral light?

Comment

The contact get dirty. Take it off and try to flean the contact on the saftey swith.

Comment

Neutral light is on. Start it in neutral put it in gear and go..
                    the bike is not starting in gear for example if I would stall at a light you engage the clutch and start it back up, if not fixed i gotta find neutral to have it started. Im taking it apart tonight Ill see what I find. Its time to replace the spark-plugs too.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbriderz View Post
                      Bypassing it should not affect anything else right?
                      I looked up the sensor and its only 22.00 bucks question is if thats the problem.
                      nope, itll be fine and youll never have this problem again...ive bypassed both my clutch switch and kickstand switch. only reason i did the kickstand though was because i switched to gp shift and the actual switch was not allowing the foot shift lever to be turned to the proper angle needed on the shaft

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        same..
                        Most of the time yes. However I have reached over and nailed the start button only to watch my Harley start walking off. 90 percent of the time though I find neutral to crank. However if its hot and I just jumped off for a quick errand I will crank it in first and ride away.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          The contact get dirty. Take it off and try to flean the contact on the saftey swith.
                          Wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
                            Wait, what?
                            She's making caking!!

Comment

Oneofthosedays.
                              i was talking about the switch on the clutch lever. It gets dirty. You can take it apart and clean the contacts by sanding them abit. Then reinstall.

Comment

Working...
                              X