Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is up with all the bikes with no title on CL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up with all the bikes with no title on CL?

I've been getting the itch again, but other than the bike being hot or a lein (not in the price range I'm looking really) or just plain ass lost/never transferred to save money I just don't get it.

Is a bonded title that big a PITA?

Dirt or street. im cool with buying dirt without a title but not a street bike

Comment

Street.

Comment

Not without a serious discount in price and a ncic vin check.
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          Not without a serious discount in price and a ncic vin check.
          AND a valid explanation of where the title is, why he doesn't have it. If he just didn't pay off the loan, selling to you and you not getting the title is the same as it being stolen from the bank. For dirt it is one thing, track bike... maybe.... street... hell no.

Think about it this way, how are you gonna register the bike when the tags are up? Unless you get it super cheap and buy a frame with title, I wouldn't go there.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            AND a valid explanation of where the title is, why he doesn't have it. If he just didn't pay off the loan, selling to you and you not getting the title is the same as it being stolen from the bank. For dirt it is one thing, track bike... maybe.... street... hell no.

Think about it this way, how are you gonna register the bike when the tags are up? Unless you get it super cheap and buy a frame with title, I wouldn't go there.
            This, I forgot about prior/current liens.

Bottom line is......Unless you know what you're doing and have all the info. Don't touch any bike with title issues, EVER!!! With all the bike theft here, you'd be crazy to do so.
            Ded

Comment

See that's what I was guessing, but people get pissed when I tell them that I don't buy bikes without a title. And these are bikes that at 10+ years old, so I can only hope that there's not a lien (unless they've been riding tagless for years).

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                See that's what I was guessing, but people get pissed when I tell them that I don't buy bikes without a title. And these are bikes that at 10+ years old, so I can only hope that there's not a lien (unless they've been riding tagless for years).
                Lots of people do this......................

Comment

Don't worry it's not stolen :P
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

just dont do it....title or no sale.

plus have a garage to keep it in.....just heard a guy bought this bad ass 600rr that morning, rode it all day, went to bike night hangout....went home about 10pm....by 12 midnight bike was stolen from his apt..........so he had it for like 12-13 hrs.
                    Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Lots of people do this......................
                      And no M class/insurance/inspection/gear/penis/lid.
                      Ded

Comment

if you see an FZ1 for sale with no title, let me know. lol.
                        HD Parts
                        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Still no leads on your bike I take it.

Sent from my iPhone
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Either stolen or people buy replacement frames with no title. Could be many possibilities. If they arethe owner to the bike then you should ask if they can get once atleast have it for the motor..

Comment

Look at the vins, see if there are still there..

Comment

Working...
                              X