I Think This Will Be My Next Bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think This Will Be My Next Bike...

Seems like a super-clean, stock bike for good money.

I was gonna go for the 450, but I'm still a newb in the dirt and the few times I rode the 450, it felt like a real handful. I was much more comfortable with the 250, and they're still pleeenty fast (for me).

That's a smart move to go with the 250F vs a 450F if you're a dirtbike newb. You'll have more fun on that, and it's got plenty of power for a beginner. That bike is what I started on. You can easily add power when you want also with a big bore kit, pipe, cams, etc. If it's as clean with low hours as advertised, that price isn't bad.

Comment

As heavy as you are you should get the 450. You will adjust quickly to it. The YZ450F is pretty tame for a 450. Find a clean 08/09. Great bikes.

Comment

I'm down to 230...and shrinking.

I'm going to scoop that 250F up on Wednesday. Now just need some gear.

Comment

fuck yeah , now i can have the option to try and ride some dirt with you too.
          I fail to see how you don't have a dirt bike at this point , but moving on....
          nothing really beats the chaos of dirt. I'm a newb, but ive learned so much.
          So much to dirt 101, trying for a degree in dirtology next.

Comment

I had my lil CRF230 that I screwed around on at Nacona, Thackerville and Marshall Creek, and based on how much fun I had on it and my friends 250F and 450F, I decided to pull the trigger and get a "big bike" for myself. I sold my 230 for exactly what I paid for it, and am going to be able to upgrade to this 250F for just a few hundred bucks.

I'm going to look at it on Wednesday when I get back from my Thanksgiving vacation, and I'll be taking it home if it's as clean as advertised.

Lemme know when you wanna ride.

Comment

sounds like a good choice for sure vs. th 230
              right now I'm rebuilding my forks, and they smell like swamp ass from all the muck mixed in with the fork oil.
              nastiness....
              rode at the pitmx in some deep mud and puddles. got my forks so full of shit they were like hydraulically locked.
              screw the mud dude , way too much cleaning involved!

Comment

Back when I rode a YZ250F it hauled my 210lb ass around quite well. I ended up doing a big bore kit and a pipe later on, but I liked being able to start off tame and ease in to more power. My buddy still rides his modded out 10 year old YZ250F, and I'm now on a YZ450F and we ride about the same pace (XC not MX) until the terrain really opens up, then I can pull away a bit. I prefer my 450F but he has the advantage in the tight stuff though because you can feel the weight difference in tight/technical terrain. I think you'll enjoy that bike and you can always either mod it or move up to a 450F later.

Comment

Well....probably won't be buying it now.

I've got a couple of new job opportunities that just came up, and it looks like I'll be moving. I've already got 3 bikes to re-locate with me, and I don't want to add a 4th right now. I'll have to wait until I get settled into my new place (either NorCal/Napa Valley or Seattle, most likely) and then buy one there.

Comment

Jeebus wat do u do for a living? Those are some far away lands u might be relocating to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                      Jeebus wat do u do for a living? Those are some far away lands u might be relocating to.
                      Smokes and sells a lot of weed. Actually I have no idea what he does, I just know he smokes weed LOL

Comment

Hahaha...i don't sell weed, but i do keep my work life off of the internet.

I'm interviewing for Senior Design Engineer jobs at a winery in Napa, a coffee company in Seattle and another large consumer goods company in NYC. I've been with my current company for over 11yrs, and it's just time for a change. I put my resume out to a few recruiters and found several great opportunities, so i'm gonna make a move.

Comment

well dammit that figures you'd go and move now.
                          Good luck on the prospects there chief.

Comment

You need to bring your supermoto over here to ride with me before I move. C'mon.

Comment

Working...
                            X