Hit my first piece of tire tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit my first piece of tire tread

It was dark and I didn't see it coming, but I sure as hell felt it. It tore my belly pan right off and came down hard on my left ankle. Then all was well. Looks like I'll be picking up a brighter headlight and wearing my clear screen at night.

just wait til you hit a basketball goal on the freeway

Comment

2x4 got me once. and that little bump of concrete on the overpass going west on 183 (over bedford rd) in the fast lane.

Comment

The dang day I bought my FZ6 several years ago. I was putting down 3040 in Lewisbille and I ran over a freaken landscaping brick. Saw it too late and budump! Scared the piss outa me!

Comment

gator got ya

ok somebody had to say it

Comment

Get you a nice 4300HID. They are great for night driving. I cant stand my 8000HID, but it was all that was offered when I got it.

Comment

Changing to an HID in a halogen projector may not be the answer. I did the swap on a 04 GSXR600 and the output was terrible, though my buddies 09 GSXR spreads the output nicely.

Comment

or a ladder, or metal lawn chair, roll of carpet, brake rotor, etc x eleventybillion.

Comment

Converting my 99' Honda Blackbird to HID is one of the best mods I have done to it yet. I dont recall which bulb I used but its pretty much the second whitest one they sold. Couple years ago my ballast went out one night about 40 miles from home (it was already dark), so I had to swap out my high beam bulb for the HID bulb to get home. I don't know how I rode at night with the stock bulb when I first bought the bike...damn the stock bulb is dim.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                    Changing to an HID in a halogen projector may not be the answer. I did the swap on a 04 GSXR600 and the output was terrible, though my buddies 09 GSXR spreads the output nicely.
                    Mine is so stupid bright I assume I annoy most drivers. I would rather have a projector headlamp, but I do not think they even make those for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                      Mine is so stupid bright I assume I annoy most drivers. I would rather have a projector headlamp, but I do not think they even make those for mine.
                      When I did mine it was like a U light spread. There was a black spot in the middle! I adjusted it every which way, but it just wasn't spreading the light well enough.

To use an HID projector it's a retrofit. HIDPlanet has a lot of info out there. Pretty much you'll be retrofitting a HID projector from a BMW, Lexus, etc. It's pretty neat if you have time on your hands and are looking for a crisp, clean cut off.

Comment

I ended up putting in a silverstar ultra, my bike is kinda old so I don't think I have an option for a HID that would still look on my monster.

Comment

Retrofit a 3rd gen Acura TL bi-xenon projector.

Comment

You know... after reading this thread on my way home yesterday, i hit a fucking a-frame ladder at 70mph right before the exit ramp to head home. the car in front of and behind me both got flats from hitting the same thing, luckily they kicked it under the center of my truck, although it looks like my muffler got the shit kicked out of it.

I'll shank the next motherfucker I see drop some of their payload on the freeway.

Comment

Working...
                            X