Epic Group Ride, Sunday 7/17/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Yeah, I don't want it to be a ticket fest, I plan on keeping it pretty close to the speed limit. If anyone wants to break off after Munster it may help with the afternoon heat. This ride is a walk in the park compared to some of the Arkansas stuff that I've done on my gsxr/zx14
    It's going to be a good ride! Since we are leaving early, we should be getting back about the time everyone is falling off their bike from heat exhaustion. We are pretty good about stopping for drinks, food, fuel, etc. If anyone feels the need to pull over to rest, then we will stop as a group. It's definitely not a race and we should enjoy it!

Skidmark,

If you'd like Tyler and I can meet you so we can all make the trip up to Anna together. It's going to be early and being in a group will be better IMHO.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

This ride is a walk in the park compared to some of the Arkansas stuff that I've done on my gsxr/zx14
      I did Talimena to Hot Springs and rode around Little Rock last summer with some friends..I will agree this is NOTHING compared to Talimena. We should setup a group ride to the Twisted Sisters down near Fredericksburg...now THAT is a fun ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        Skidmark,

If you'd like Tyler and I can meet you so we can all make the trip up to Anna together. It's going to be early and being in a group will be better IMHO.
        Would probably help kill the boredom. Where's good for you guys? My buddy and I will be coming from Bedford.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          I did Talimena to Hot Springs and rode around Little Rock last summer with some friends..I will agree this is NOTHING compared to Talimena. We should setup a group ride to the Twisted Sisters down near Fredericksburg...now THAT is a fun ride.
          I did the twisted sisters on my goldwing and it was good, the surface wasn't too confidence inspiring though. If you haven't rode the pig trail in the ozarks then you need to check that out, damn near every single road in the ozark's is top notch. I can't wait to make the trip to Eureka Springs in the fall.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Tyler and I have been talking about riding Arkansas when the weather cools down. He was trying to get something planned with his family and I was just going to try to tag along. If we swing it right, maybe we can get a DFWM trip together all at the same time. Problem might be is that some will want to ride and some will want to trailer their bikes up. I personally have been twice and rode there and back both times. It's a bit of a whipping coming home, but going up isn't so bad if you go through OK and hit Tailmena.

I've been to Arkansas in October and November for rides so my vote is for around that time (maybe early October). I'd like to go when we are seeing 50-60* mornings and maybe 80-85* in the afternoon. I hate being hot on the bike! Especially the RC... its like a damn boiler!
            Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
              Would probably help kill the boredom. Where's good for you guys? My buddy and I will be coming from Bedford.
              How about that new McDonalds at Trinity and 360? Its a little out of our way and a little out of yours so it should work for everyone. Be there at 5:25AM?

Tyler,
              How's that sound?
              Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

How about that new McDonalds at Trinity and 360? Its a little out of our way and a little out of yours so it should work for everyone. Be there at 5:25AM?

Tyler,
                How's that sound?
                Sounds good to me.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=da...ia=1,2,3,4&z=7
                  I like this better. It's not much different, but it is a little shorter distance and its all of the Talimena Trl.

For anyone that's not clear, this is the first day's ride just to get to the first night's motel destination!
                  Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

About what time would this be over if everything goes according to plan? I may show up to keep Kyle's RC company, and make it a pair of twins.
                    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                      About what time would this be over if everything goes according to plan? I may show up to keep Kyle's RC company, and make it a pair of twins.
                      I would say 1pm

Comment

Sounds good to me! Got any pics? I'm a big RC fan!!
                        Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Sounds good to me! Got any pics? I'm a big RC fan!!
                          none right off hand. I dont have an RC, I have a pair of TLR's.
                          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

none right off hand. I dont have an RC, I have a pair of TLR's.
                            Well I'm a big V Twin fan nonetheless. I've owned a couple of SV650's and always had an eye for the RC. Over the years I've kicked around the idea of getting a TLR, TLS, or Superhawk just to get by. I held out and got what I always really wanted. The TLR is definitely a great bike from all the written accounts I've seen online. The RC and TLR are very comparable bikes.

I'm just as excited to see it as anything else that comes out. It's not everyday that I get to meet another V Twin (sport bike) enthusiast. In case you missed my original post...
                            Bought an 05 Honda RC51 yesterday from the original owner. 12k miles and completely stock. I've wanted an RC51 for a long time and when Honda released the blacks one, I knew someday I'd have one. Well yesterday was finally that day! I love it already!

(post 11 has the better pics)
                            Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

I hate being hot on the bike! Especially the RC... its like a damn boiler!
                              You should try riding my battleship Blackbird when its 104 degrees outside...at least your RC is lighter and has better airflow.

Comment

Working...
                              X