• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still out...
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      You should try riding my battleship Blackbird when its 104 degrees outside...at least your RC is lighter and has better airflow.
      try being on a naked bike in the heat. no fairings to keep the heat off your legs.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Sun morning

I might make it on a m109 and meet some of you guys, or maybe the GTI and make the trip in the a/c

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Well I'm a big V Twin fan nonetheless. I've owned a couple of SV650's and always had an eye for the RC. Over the years I've kicked around the idea of getting a TLR, TLS, or Superhawk just to get by. I held out and got what I always really wanted. The TLR is definitely a great bike from all the written accounts I've seen online. The RC and TLR are very comparable bikes.

I'm just as excited to see it as anything else that comes out. It's not everyday that I get to meet another V Twin (sport bike) enthusiast. In case you missed my original post...
          Bought an 05 Honda RC51 yesterday from the original owner. 12k miles and completely stock. I've wanted an RC51 for a long time and when Honda released the blacks one, I knew someday I'd have one. Well yesterday was finally that day! I love it already!

(post 11 has the better pics)
          Yeah, I posted in your thread. I think you made the right choice in holding out for what you truly wanted. After riding both, the TLR got the nod for me because I just couldn't handle the mouse pad seat. LOL And since I daily ride, I needed that extra comfort.
          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            Well I'm a big V Twin fan nonetheless. I've owned a couple of SV650's and always had an eye for the RC. Over the years I've kicked around the idea of getting a TLR, TLS, or Superhawk just to get by. I held out and got what I always really wanted. The TLR is definitely a great bike from all the written accounts I've seen online. The RC and TLR are very comparable bikes.

I'm just as excited to see it as anything else that comes out. It's not everyday that I get to meet another V Twin (sport bike) enthusiast. In case you missed my original post...
            Bought an 05 Honda RC51 yesterday from the original owner. 12k miles and completely stock. I've wanted an RC51 for a long time and when Honda released the blacks one, I knew someday I'd have one. Well yesterday was finally that day! I love it already!

(post 11 has the better pics)
            My 1125R is a V-twin, so are most KTMs and Ducatis. There are plenty of us out there, we just don't ride Japanese bikes After riding a few triples though I'm about ready to upgrade.

Comment

I know they are out there, but you very rarely see them when compared to the inline four machines. It's just nice to see one occasionally and know that I'm not the only one lol. I meant no disrespect.

I love my big V-Twin. Sure it doesn't make 160+ hp (like some of the Ducati's and inline bikes), but I still love the torque and it makes decent power. It handles terrific, sounds great, and looks good IMO. All around its a very easy bike for me to ride. The aftermarket is huge so I can make little tweaks to it to make it my own. And I really like the way it sounds!!!
              Last edited by Kyle; 07-14-2011, 09:23 AM.
              Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
              http://www.titantowing.net
              -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                You should try riding my battleship Blackbird when its 104 degrees outside...at least your RC is lighter and has better airflow.
                Dude I am not doubting its hot on the blackbird. Its hot as hell on any bike right now. But I have owned one as well. And just from my own personal experience...... the heat from it was nothing compared to what the twins put out. At least my TLR's. Even my gsxr and r1 never got as hot as my tl. Hell my frame is scorching hot to the touch in the afternoon. I have to be careful when at a light. It burns my legs through my jeans.

But I feel your pain, I use the same black mesh jacket and gloves. I got used to the heat a long time ago. Its nice to smile every time I look at my monthly fuel bill by riding daily though.
                Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

try this out for an epic one day ride

me and 2 buddies rode this last year at the end of summer/beginning of fall when it was still pretty hot. over 630 miles in one day!

the best parts of the trip by far was between the towns of broken bow-talihina-mena-de queen, badass roads. 30 and 20 sucked outloud and from longview to broken bow was okay but nothing to brag about. only reason we went to longview was we were meeting some guys that were riding up from houston and they went through there

Comment

Really debating on going on this ride. I am in the watauga area, so this would be a trek to go to Anna that early in the mornin

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
                      Really debating on going on this ride. I am in the watauga area, so this would be a trek to go to Anna that early in the mornin
                      Meet Tyler, Skidmark (possibly +1), and I at the new McDonalds off 360 and Trinity. We are meeting there around 5:20-5:25AM.
                      Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I'm still thinkin about this ride. I spoke to my brother-in-law earlier in the week (who rides a CBR1000rr) and he said he was interested...but that was like Tuesday so we'll see.

Comment

well I was in since I got my car back from Truestreet today, but on the way home 5th gear disappeared, so now I'm out again. FUCK
                          01 Turbo Miata
                          96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            well I was in since I got my car back from Truestreet today, but on the way home 5th gear disappeared, so now I'm out again. FUCK
                            You've got plenty of time to get a tranny in there tomorrow. Hit Tyler and see if you can borrow some shop space. With you, Tyler, and myself we could probably knock that out in no time! I'll keep the cold liquids coming, Tyler can supervise and lend a hand when needed, and you can turn some damn wrenches!!!
                            Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

I'm now wishing I could at least go in thecae, but hafta be at work at 5am on Sunday, dammit.
                              HD Parts
                              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Just a reminder for anyone that wants to meet in the arlington, HEB, and surrounding areas. We are meeting at the new McDonalds off trinity and 360 at 5:20-5:25am sharp. We will be rolling out at 5:30am to head up to Anna. If anyone needs to get a hold of me or us, then call or text at 817.729.2926.
                                Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Working...
                                X