ATV Tires-What to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV Tires-What to get?

Ok, I punctured a rear tire on my Kawa Brute Force this wekend and looking for a good 4 ply to replace all of them with. THis is my first ATV and damn...those stock Dunlops are expensive. Any suggestions on good replacements or what tires to stay away from? I don't go mudding but want a good tread for back country style riding (over old timber, rock bed creeks, brush, etc. Need a good tire co recommended around Keller, Grapevine area if possible. TIA.

We just ordered 4 -26" Mudlite Xl's mounted on 4 ITP wheels with slime sealant for $530 shipped from www.rockymountainatv.com Free shipping and arrive in 3 days.

The Mudlites are great tires. the XL's have like 1 1/8" lugs and the AT's have 3/4" lugs.

With ATV tires you will most likely be better off finding them online.

Start here. Click on Tires or tire/wheel kits. Put in your vehicle and it will help you. Id recommend paying the extra $4 per tire for the slime sealant if you get the wheel kits.

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
      Ok, I punctured a rear tire on my Kawa Brute Force this wekend and looking for a good 4 ply to replace all of them with. THis is my first ATV and damn...those stock Dunlops are expensive. Any suggestions on good replacements or what tires to stay away from? I don't go mudding but want a good tread for back country style riding (over old timber, rock bed creeks, brush, etc. Need a good tire co recommended around Keller, Grapevine area if possible. TIA.
      cant plug em?
      but these look good.'
      i have mudlites on my Z400 on the rear, and they have held up pretty good so far. not as rough as i was expecting them to be, considering the lug size.
      but they do not have good braking grip, slide a little much.

Kenda Bear Claw
      Maxxis Bighorn 2.0
      ITP Mud Lite AT
      http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Look at the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0. I just bought tires for my Grizzly and was looking for a good all around tire. From what I found it seemed to be the tire that all other tires were compared to.

*EDIT* Mustangguy289 already recommended Rocky Mountain, another online retailer is www.motosport.com.

Comment

thanks everyone for the input, those prices are a helluva alot better than discount tire. since I'm only getting tires, how much should I expect to pay for mounting? I may go with the mud lite AT's

Comment

thanks everyone for the input, those prices are a helluva alot better than discount tire. since I'm only getting tires, how much should I expect to pay for mounting? I may go with the mud lite AT's
            Find a mom and pop tire shop.. shouldn't be more than $10 a tire. There is no balancing needed.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

just called discount and they told me around $5 a tire to mount...not bad. Thanks for all the input and maybe I can join one of the weekend rides soon. I only get to ride every 2-3 months so it sits in the garage most of the time. It's a 2009 with only 525 miles on it.

Comment

just called discount and they told me around $5 a tire to mount...not bad. Thanks for all the input and maybe I can join one of the weekend rides soon. I only get to ride every 2-3 months so it sits in the garage most of the time. It's a 2009 with only 525 miles on it.
                They used to have some group rides on this site. I was never able to make it but now that we have two ATV's we will start going if they do them again.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I like trail riding, my ATV is set up for rough terrain. Heading out to Tolar the weekend of the 4th, a buddy of mine manages a 15k acre ranch and it's badass to ride there but I only get out there 1-2 times a year. he's always busy taking care of 600 head of cattle and the oil/gas operation.

what ATV do you have?

Comment

I like trail riding, my ATV is set up for rough terrain. Heading out to Tolar the weekend of the 4th, a buddy of mine manages a 15k acre ranch and it's badass to ride there but I only get out there 1-2 times a year. he's always busy taking care of 600 head of cattle and the oil/gas operation.

what ATV do you have?
                    So a group ride in Tolar sounds in order haha. Where is that?

We have a 2007 Honda Rancher 400 4x4
                    1995 Yamaha Timberwolf 250
                    1982 Yamaha xt250 (dual puporse type dirtbike)

I plan on buying another 4x4 in the spring. I would love to have a Brute Force or Grizzly. Two of our rides may be old but we still enjoy them.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

The land owner is real picky about people coming out there since he is a billionaire, I can't even hunt deer out there, only hogs if I'm with my buddy and that's very rare. It has tons of wildlife and 38 fishing tanks... a damn oasis for someone like me. I have thought about selling my Brute since I don't ride much so hit me up in the spring. this Brute has been babied and garage kept since new and its the 650i in real tree camo with 2 gun racks, brush guard and rear gear bag. paid around $8000 for it new and have 2 years left on ext warranty.

Comment

The land owner is real picky about people coming out there since he is a billionaire, I can't even hunt deer out there, only hogs if I'm with my buddy and that's very rare. It has tons of wildlife and 38 fishing tanks... a damn oasis for someone like me. I have thought about selling my Brute since I don't ride much so hit me up in the spring. this Brute has been babied and garage kept since new and its the 650i in real tree camo with 2 gun racks, brush guard and rear gear bag. paid around $8000 for it new and have 2 years left on ext warranty.
                        I will hit you up... but to be honest we shop for those " can't believe it" deals. We refuse to go in debt for a hobby.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          I will hit you up... but to be honest we shop for those " can't believe it" deals. We refuse to go in debt for a hobby.
                          I hear ya, I bought it when I had a 700 acre hunting lease and making $100K+ a yr but that all faded away. the Brute's paid for so I'm really in no hurry to sell it. there are some good deals on CL

Comment

I hear ya, I bought it when I had a 700 acre hunting lease and making $100K+ a yr but that all faded away. the Brute's paid for so I'm really in no hurry to sell it. there are some good deals on CL
                            We almost picked up a 2009 or 10 Brute Force 750i. It had 29.5" outlaws, snorkel, winch, lift kit, and relocated radiator. The motor was blown. I had him down to 2500 and was thinking just a simple top end overhaul. He then told me it was ran without oil and the crank was bent somehow. I looked into how much parts are for those things and changed my mind. I could have bought one running for about 5500. I saw some brand new 2011 650i on ebay for 6200 from a dealer and shipping was 300.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I think I saw the one with blown motor on CL, it was on there for a long time. you can get them cheaper now with the bad economy. makes it hard to sell a used one, I had mine up for sale a few months ago for $6500 with the trailer and gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X