Ant help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant help

Know of any ant killer that will not kill the grass or hurt vegetables? We have ants so bad in our yard that I can't let me daughter out to play right now. I can go to Home Depot/Lowes/Feed Store or where-ever. Thanks in advance.

<~~~Laura07

Not sure about using it on a vegetable garden, but anything with Triacizide (sp?) works pretty good IMO. I use the liquid kind you pour into the Ortho bottle, attach a garden hose and turn the dial to the desired setting. I usually crank it up to the next higher level, give a little more death spray that way!

Home Depot/Lowes both sell it

Comment

I was thinking that the liquid kind will be best since there are so many ant beds. We'll see, I'm going to Lowes in a bit...

Comment

Amdro works great for lawns. I don't know if it is safe for gardens, never had a need to use it in a garden and never researched it.

Comment

Amdro work ok.. I have always had better luck with Spectracide Fire Ant Killer in the black/red bag. Those bastards are dead in 24hrs

Comment

we use ortho on the beds in our yard... doesn't take much
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

1 Tablespoon or Ortho fire and red ant killer will take care of a mound in 1-2 days. I've got ant mounds here and there, and it never fails.

Only downside is that the shit smells like a corpse. I've been putting some in my neighbors mulch and bushes for the last 2yrs every now and again, and he's convinced that something has died inside his walls. We're buddies and fuck with each other like that. It's funny to watch him climbing on his roof looking for shit in the gutters and sniffing his mulch. Makes for a fun Sunday.

Comment

black spray paint cure

u need 2 cans of flat black spray paint. first you mix the bed up with a stick and get all the ants to the top, then spray a heavy coat of black paint, wait an hour and repeat. after you do this 4 or 5 times, all the ants become black, stop working and the queen dies
                first class white trash

Comment

Working...
                X