Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company to have fix a broken garage door spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
    Thats freaking insane on pricing. You could have bought a completely new door for that price.

The spring(s) would have cost you 50 bucks if you called me, and installation would have been 100 dollars.

Now I don't give a lifetime warranty on the doors, but springs will last 8-12 years on average (Depending how often you operate the doors) Springs are rated for 10,000 cycles. But again I'm under 1/2 the cost of what you paid.
    I don't think you can get a wood door for anywhere near that price. I will give you a call next time now that I know I have another option

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
    WOW! I just paid $499 for a 24ga 16x7 door with new EVERYTHING installed. You sir waste money, what you paid is just dumb
    Yea I probably should have done some more research initially- now that I know I have other options I'll consider them.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
      Yea I probably should have done some more research initially- now that I know I have other options I'll consider them.
      Don't feel bad...I paid almost exactly what you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
        I recently paid a total of $461 for the two springs ($138 each) + $125 installation and the $38 service call.

They have a 'lifetime guarantee' through O'brien Garage doors.

OMG im sorry . They have a history of ripping people off.

Comment

Garage Opener sensors

I sent this to another board member but I figured it was good t show everyone. I hate making service calls for sensors. Too simple of a job, and I feel bad charging for a service call. (But I do charge something)

I'm not sure if you are still having an issue, but if you are first look at the lights on the sensors. If both are off, then they aren't aligned. First clean the sensor lenses, nothing special just wipe em off with a rag. Next measure the height, and angle (you can eyeball the angle) of the sensors. If the sensors are screwed onto the drywall, over time they will sag, and really is a bad idea. (if they are attached to the rail there is a wing nut you can take loose and set the sensors straight) They have a pretty wide angle to pickup each other.

I had a friends sensors screw with me. Height angle were equal. 10 minutes into I noticed, clear as day, someone put a wood board on the wall because the drywall was jacked. The distance away from the wall was 3/4" off, and just angled the opposite side outward.
          Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
            I have replaced lots of springs of many board members. Just ask around.

However if the home is FAR from me, I can recommend people. They aren't that hard to change.

Garage Door Companies will try to rip you off. They'll charge you a house call fee, then overcharge you for the spring, and usually try to get you to do a maintenance package or something to your door.
            He did mine a year ago and I have had 0 problems with it. He is an all around good guy and I would recommend him to anyone.
            If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Working...
            X