Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company to have fix a broken garage door spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company to have fix a broken garage door spring?

I came home tonight and the garage door would only open about 6" and then stop when I tried the opener. Turns out one of the two torsion springs is broke. Anyone have a good experience with anyone in the Fort Worth area? I for sure don't want to use the thugs I called last time and messing with those springs is something I don't want to tackle.

PM sent

Comment

Thanks to Alex (big_tiger) from DoorsDoneRite for getting my garage door fixed. Sorry you had to put the tires back on the front of my mustang to get it moved out of the way. If anyone needs a garage door fixed, I recommend him.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by R3_82GT View Post
        Thanks to Alex (big_tiger) from DoorsDoneRite for getting my garage door fixed. Sorry you had to put the tires back on the front of my mustang to get it moved out of the way. If anyone needs a garage door fixed, I recommend him.

Robert

No problem, good looking 82 BTW.

Comment

I need a door done in Duncanville. I believe we talked before but never heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by MILK View Post
            I need a door done in Duncanville. I believe we talked before but never heard back.

PM sent

Comment

I wish I would have seen this thread about a week ago. My mom's house had to have a new spring put in, and she called S.O.S Garage Doors after seeing them at a neighbors house, and the neighbor recommending them. They were an absolute joke! He did NOT want to replace just the two springs, but insisted that she have him do a maintenance package. After 10 minutes of him trying to sell her some package, he finally agreed to do JUST the springs if she would sign a waiver saying she declined the other work, and it could cause injury or death by not having it everything done. I wish she would have just told him to get lost and used someone else.

Comment

Do you fix the safety systems of garages? I have those invisible lasers that prevent them from closing if something is obstructing it...well one of those lasers are missing and it wont shut unless I manually old the button...its annoying.

Comment

I had a spring break on a Saturday night recently. I got a guy to come out on Sunday (said he would waive the additional fee for working on Sunday). He did the job but...I believe he absolutely bent me over on the cost of the new springs to make up for waiving the Sunday fee. He also wanted to replace eight of my metal rollers (which were in fact extremely worn) with the same for $80. I said no, that's something I can do myself. I ended up paying $35 for 10 nylon rollers (higher quality and quieter) at Lowes and did it myself. What I think is funny is that the guy didn't even want to mess with the bottom two rollers because of the tension the bottom brackets are in.

I wish this thread had come out before my spring broke...

What's ballpark $$ for a spring job anyways so I know how bad I was ass-raped by this guy?...

Comment

I have replaced lots of springs of many board members. Just ask around.

However if the home is FAR from me, I can recommend people. They aren't that hard to change.

Garage Door Companies will try to rip you off. They'll charge you a house call fee, then overcharge you for the spring, and usually try to get you to do a maintenance package or something to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post

What's ballpark $$ for a spring job anyways so I know how bad I was ass-raped by this guy?...
                      I recently paid a total of $461 for the two springs ($138 each) + $125 installation and the $38 service call.

They have a 'lifetime guarantee' through O'brien Garage doors.

Comment

Big Tiger, do you install doors too? I am having a metal building built and found a 10x12 door for it but need to get it installed. I haven't bought it yet but wanted to make sure I could get someone to install it. I'm near Little Elm

Comment

I had one break a few months ago when it froze (I'm in West Texas). I had overhead door company do mine. $50 per spring (had them replace both since they were both old), and another $14 for the worn out cables. Guy didn't try sell me any packages or anything else. At the end of the job he went through and tightened up every screw on the door and lubed everyrthing.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            I recently paid a total of $461 for the two springs ($138 each) + $125 installation and the $38 service call.

Thats freaking insane on pricing. You could have bought a completely new door for that price.

The spring(s) would have cost you 50 bucks if you called me, and installation would have been 100 dollars.

Now I don't give a lifetime warranty on the doors, but springs will last 8-12 years on average (Depending how often you operate the doors) Springs are rated for 10,000 cycles. But again I'm under 1/2 the cost of what you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post

WOW! I just paid $499 for a 24ga 16x7 door with new EVERYTHING installed. You sir waste money, what you paid is just dumb
                              2006 Civic SI
                              2009 Pilot
                              1988 GT
                              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Working...
                              X