Alarm System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm System

I know this has been covered many times before but im in Afghanistan right now w/ limited internet and don't have time to search.

Wife email me about a rash of home break-ins in my area. She said they're cutting phone lines too. She's by herself and 4 months pregnant. She has a CHL and does carry but i still get nervous for her being over here. We have alarm in the house, we set it everyday just as a deterrent. So i need wireless system and a decent rate. And i don't wont to sign a contract and i don't wont ADT or the other big name ones. People on here have recommend a company thats less than $20 a month, i just cant remember it. I live in Fort Worth, dont i need a alarm permit? Thanks
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

This is the company folks were talking about. No contract.

Learn more about us here! Trusted by Texas for 40 years, we offer affordable home security and alarm monitoring across the great state of Texas.

If you use a board member as reference they get a free month.

Comment

Chris, I think you are in unincorporated Ft Worth, a permit may not be needed. I know that is the case for our subdivision.

I have loooked at Smith Thompson and may end up switching to them for the wireless phone notification.

I hear you about the worries and distance thing. We had a few car and attempted home break ins in our subdivision. The little (15yrs old) ninjas were walking over from the neighboring subdivision. A neighbor actually chased one down and held him at gun point until the kids parents and the cops showed up. No charges were pressed and the kid got the shit scared out of him looking at a white man holding a gun in his face. lol
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        This is the company folks were talking about. No contract.

Learn more about us here! Trusted by Texas for 40 years, we offer affordable home security and alarm monitoring across the great state of Texas.

If you use a board member as reference they get a free month.
        Smith Thompson is likely going to be your cheapest, and best option. I think Brinks and ADT run about $40/month if not more if you want no land line.

The big names will try to tell you S-T is a fly by night company, but it's complete and total bullshit. They've been around a LONG time, RARELY have price increases, and it's no contract to boot. Downside is, you are going to have to pay them up front for the alarm+install. The big companies will "give" you a free system, nickel and dime you to death over upgrades, and then rape you on monitoring on a 2-3 yr contract. Oh yeah, and get a big dog! I am still researching the different systems, and need to decide which one I want to go with, but S-T will be doing the install and monitoring. In the mean time, nobody is coming in to my house unless they shoot my dog. She's a vicious bitch.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
        X