Why is it so hard to get a decent contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
    There is no online tool for that. It goes by roof pitch, roof size, what type of decking you want and type of shingles. A tear off and deck on a normal sized house will be in the 10k to 15k range. Now this is just a wide ballpark since I actually no nothing about your house and how big it is. When you get ready for a roof or have hail damage send me a pm and I will get you real pricing.

Thank you! I should have mentioned I moved from Texas to Washington or rather my wife did while I was out doing the contracting gig. Just didn't want to derail the thread to much. Eventually I'm going to put a metal roof on this house. I just want something right now that will be good for a decade or so. It's like trying to crack the car dealer code. I get it a company has to make money, I just don't want to get run up in either.

Comment

One of the contractors called back finally and looks like he has good references. He's a fireman. We'll see how this goes.

Comment

I'll be looking for a back yard redomodel come spring time. Hope i find a good decent price man

Comment

If you still need someone hit me up, i know a guy

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Well, she seems happy with this one. Checking a few references and if all goes well, the job is his. I'm not looking forward to this. Gonna be some tore up stuff for a week or so. Getting about 1000 sq foot of tile done and the kitchen re-done. Basically the entire living areas and kitchen...I can do without the kitchen, the rest is gonna be tough.

Comment

She likes the fireman huh? Go figure.
              sigpic

Comment

I misunderstood that conversations, wasn't the fireman. Some company called First Choice Improvements...

Comment

Working...
                X