Why is it so hard to get a decent contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to get a decent contractor

Wife wants to do some re-modeling in kitchen. I don't have time, so she's called some contractors. 2 based on friend recommendations and 2 from the "good contractors list"... No call backs. Wtf , are these guys that busy to blow of work ?

Angieslist.com

Jk
    The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

What size is the job ($ amount)?

Comment

meanwhile paper pushers everywhere are scrambling to find someone to install their sinks.

Comment

You want some cheese with that whine?

Comment

lolz
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I just wish I could find online a decent tool to find out what my roof replacement will cost. Mine is cedar shake and has a year or two. I want to do it before I have problems with a "normal" roof

Comment

I also know a guy, but due to being so busy he is now very expensive. As I understand it, trades are also starting to dictate prices since their workers have choices these days and are following the money.

Can't blame them, this won't last and they have to make the most of it while they can. It never lasts forever in the construction business.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have a name and number if you need one, but I wont strongly suggest anyone because projects like that someone always ends up pissed off. But we redid our kitchen. raised the ceiling 18" and all new can light fixtures and tile floors. that part of it was about $3000 labor and materials.

Comment

Yes, they are that busy. My brother in law had hell finding a contractor to remodel 2 bathrooms, paint a house, and some major plumbing work on a rent house. He has 2 rentals currently and is looking to add many more. You'd think that would gain him some leverage, but it did not.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

even a half decent handy man is hard to get. Ive got a gutter falling down, and some trim/paint work outside that's all ladder work, and Ive had hell finding anyone willing to even come give me an estimate.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                        I just wish I could find online a decent tool to find out what my roof replacement will cost. Mine is cedar shake and has a year or two. I want to do it before I have problems with a "normal" roof
                        There is no online tool for that. It goes by roof pitch, roof size, what type of decking you want and type of shingles. A tear off and deck on a normal sized house will be in the 10k to 15k range. Now this is just a wide ballpark since I actually no nothing about your house and how big it is. When you get ready for a roof or have hail damage send me a pm and I will get you real pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          Wife wants to do some re-modeling in kitchen. I don't have time, so she's called some contractors. 2 based on friend recommendations and 2 from the "good contractors list"... No call backs. Wtf , are these guys that busy to blow of work ?
                          I don't do remodel work but I do know guys that do. What part of town are you in and what are you wanting to have done?

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                            There is no online tool for that. It goes by roof pitch, roof size, what type of decking you want and type of shingles. A tear off and deck on a normal sized house will be in the 10k to 15k range. Now this is just a wide ballpark since I actually no nothing about your house and how big it is. When you get ready for a roof or have hail damage send me a pm and I will get you real pricing.
                            ^^ Does great work, is easy to deal with, and has great customer service.

Here is why Donnie will always get my business;

He replaced my roof at my last house in May of 2014 due to hail damage. Early on in 2015 we noticed a very small water spot in an upstairs bedroom ceiling so I gave him a call to get the roof checked out. He sent out someone that day, turned out to be a cracked plastic vent cover, they replaced it and inspected the rest of the roof just to be safe. When they were done they called me to let me know what it had been, thanked me for choosing them and told me it was covered under their warranty. Never had another issue, we sold the house in sept and there were zero issues with the roof from the inspector. I will always go back to Donnie for all of my roofing needs.

Comment

that's top notch, right there!

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              ^^ Does great work, is easy to deal with, and has great customer service.

Here is why Donnie will always get my business;

He replaced my roof at my last house in May of 2014 due to hail damage. Early on in 2015 we noticed a very small water spot in an upstairs bedroom ceiling so I gave him a call to get the roof checked out. He sent out someone that day, turned out to be a cracked plastic vent cover, they replaced it and inspected the rest of the roof just to be safe. When they were done they called me to let me know what it had been, thanked me for choosing them and told me it was covered under their warranty. Never had another issue, we sold the house in sept and there were zero issues with the roof from the inspector. I will always go back to Donnie for all of my roofing needs.
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X