Fertilizing Lawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zemog View Post
    golf course super, and i own a lawn and chemical company..........yeah i mow lawns
    See.........told ya!

Answer my question!
    sigpic

Comment

My neighbors dog shits in my yard. I need no fertilizer.

Comment

growing hay in a field and grass on a golf course = 2 completely different things. the root system on coastal is probably 4x's that of greens cut at less that 3/16 of an inch. i have tried as have many of the superintendants i know with little or no success, i have had several lawn customers try that approach also, just to have me take back over there weed infested lawns, i am not saying it wont work but it does take someone who really really wants to baby it, it takes more apps and money, yes it is more expensive, dont try and tell me its not. but u seem to know it all already so ill let you grow your hay in your field and ill grow mine in my "lawns".

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
          growing hay in a field and grass on a golf course = 2 completely different things. the root system on coastal is probably 4x's that of greens cut at less that 3/16 of an inch. i have tried as have many of the superintendants i know with little or no success, i have had several lawn customers try that approach also, just to have me take back over there weed infested lawns, i am not saying it wont work but it does take someone who really really wants to baby it, it takes more apps and money, yes it is more expensive, dont try and tell me its not. but u seem to know it all already so ill let you grow your hay in your field and ill grow mine in my "lawns".
          LOL..........I used the same technique on the lawn as the pasture.
          No weeds
          No grass burrs
          No ticks...........big one
          No fleas
          No god damn fire ants!
          Trees looked 10 times better and I used far less water.

Granted..............I've never tried on a green at the pin. I'd say that root system is pretty shallow.

There is no reason a course like Sugar Tree to not use an organic program. They have lots of raw material to do it organically.

Do you know how simple it is to make very active compost tea on a pretty large scale?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X