How can you unset a garage remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you unset a garage remote

I have a liftmaster garage door opener on both doors, and 1 remote got programmed accidentally to open both. How the hell can I get the remote to forget what it has learned, other than resetting every remote I have with new garage codes on the openers?

you could try holding all the buttons on that remote for around 20-30 seconds. that how the built in remote on my car works anyways.

Comment

^ good suggestion, but as my luck usually is, didn't work!

If all else fails and I have to reprogram every remote, I'll break this fucker into tiny pieces and buy a new one!

Comment

Pull the batteries and let it sit for a while. just a guess

Comment

Hammer?
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Stop being lazy and reprogram both. I reprogram mine every,two months

Comment

Read the manual?

The unit in our garage has a reset button on the motor housing, and instructions on the reset process. Open up the plastic covers on the lights to see what you find.

Comment

Try giving it a salt water bath.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Read the manual?

The unit in our garage has a reset button on the motor housing, and instructions on the reset process. Open up the plastic covers on the lights to see what you find.
                  That works to reset the garage opener to forget all learned remote controls, I just want to reprogram a single remote, but there is no option to do that. Found the PDF on line and you have to "forget" all learned remotes on the opener, then reprogram each. Not hard to do, but I was looking for a way with fewer steps!

Already got it all done, just need to reprogram one more remote when Lyn gets home so she can open the second door.

Comment

Working...
                  X