No announcement yet.

How would I hang 150lbs+ on a wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure to try and anticipate/replicate anything that a female might do.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      How would i simulate that with weights?

Comment

Push down on it, lean on it, generally disregard Issac Newton, and go full Darwin on it.

Comment

find a girl and bang her on it.

Comment

Maybe some jb weld too.

Comment

Does anyone actually sell plywood that 2-3ft by 5ft? Feels kinda pointless buying a 4ftx8ft and using less than half

Comment

x2

people try and sit on the edge of the vanity. An extra 150lbs 2' out from the wall isnt near the same as 150 flat against a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  How would i simulate that with weights?
                  Get one drunk and have her dance on it.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I have about 200 lbs hanging from a bike rack in the garage. I put steel triangles directly into the studs and made a 2x4 and 1x4 I beam to go accross them. You could use really big steel angles. If you paint them white or wall color you won't notice them under a marble vanity at all. Anyone looking underneath is going to notice the plumbing more than the brackets. 4 of them with 2 on each side will easily hold 150 lbs. Use 3" screws and go right into the studs with the biggest triangles you can find. Mine were about 20" by 20" by 20" and being made out of steel are strong. The length will give you the leverage and moment needed to support the weight. If you try it on small triangles or something long but with a short wall leg, everything will wind up on the floor when the screws pull out.

Comment

Working...
                    X