No announcement yet.

Local ductless mini split installers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local ductless mini split installers ?

I'm looking to have a small 9000 btu system installed, it would be a very easy install. I had one quote over the phone which I thought was fucking ridiculous, and I'm curious if there are any local companies they charge a fair price for install?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

The hardest part of my install was the electrical. The rest you can do yourself and have a resident board a/c guy charge it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm going to do I think. If I'm not mistaken the mitsubishi units are already charged, you just hook up the lines and open the valves?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Yeah that's what I'm going to do I think. If I'm not mistaken the mitsubishi units are already charged, you just hook up the lines and open the valves?
        Buy extra remotes. They don't last for shit.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          yes pretty sure most are already charged for a certain lineset length (something like 10ft or less). Also most are snap lock type fittings so aren't too hard. I haven't ever done one but some day plan on a heat pump for my shop and will try my hand at it

Comment

I know we have an a/c guy here (can't remember who though), but if I were to buy a ductless system myself and install the electrical and get the interior portion mounted correctly, can he braze the lineset and add/check refrigerant levels? I realize there's no warranty for something like this and I'm fine with it.

My main issue is the ductless I would need is for a second story room, so the lineset would run up the outside of the house and I don't have a ladder that can reach that high.

Comment

I got a few quotes and they were ridiculous as I expected ($6,500 to cut a 3" hole and wire into a 220v box 24" from the unit location). I'd like to get an electrician and AC guy on hand for when I get it installed. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
              X