No announcement yet.

Help me pick a nice Soundbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Harmon Kardon SB30 for the bedroom and it sounds great. My only complaint is it has a delay any time you change channels or unpause. Anytime the audio is stopped and restarted there is about a 2 second delay before the audio starts back up. Could be the way I hooked it up but other then that it sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      Why not? Ever been to a movie theater? That's the commercial division of JBL

To answer your original question; I have Samsung sound bars in the bedrooms. They sound quite good and won't break the bank. Bluetooth works great. You don't need to spend more than $300 for a quality soundbar, especially for those of us that already have a dedicated HT. That's my suggestion.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-J45.../dp/B00TKPAWFO
      Maybe just a misconception I had... I don't know.

After listening to the Samsung stuff next to the Klipsch there is no way I would have bought one of the bars they had available. I am normally a huge Samsung fan but they were a let down after the bass and clarity of the klipsch.

I thinks this was it:
      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsch-...&skuId=6819316

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
      I have a Harmon Kardon SB30 for the bedroom and it sounds great. My only complaint is it has a delay any time you change channels or unpause. Anytime the audio is stopped and restarted there is about a 2 second delay before the audio starts back up. Could be the way I hooked it up but other then that it sounds great.
      Thanks! I am going to go to our local Nebraska furniture Mart and listen to as many as I can. Their selection blows our puny best buy away.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        Maybe just a misconception I had... I don't know.

After listening to the Samsung stuff next to the Klipsch there is no way I would have bought one of the bars they had available. I am normally a huge Samsung fan but they were a let down after the bass and clarity of the klipsch.

I thinks this was it:
        http://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsch-...&skuId=6819316
        Keep in mind; That Klipsch has a larger sub and Klipsch speakers are horn loaded. They are going to sound different than just about everything you're going to look when comparing side by side. Different, as in brighter.

My suggestion was more for a <$300 sound bar, since you mentioned you didn't want to break the bank.

Good call on checking out Nebraska Furniture Mart. They have a big selection and good prices.
        Last edited by LS1Goat; 09-24-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I am not an audiophile by any means so you are right... the sound is way different but I didn't know why. Thanks for dropping the knowledge on me as I really appreciate it. I could do that klipsch set up for $450. I like that the sub on the Klipsch is actually adjustable unlike most of the cheaper ones. The 8" sub didn't seem "bigger" but I also truly didn't check the others. I just assumed they were 8".

My goal was to stay under $400 but I'm willing to stay under $500 and expand my horizons. Going to spend a little more since I'm going to bypass doing the built in surround in the walls.

Comment

Got this at home.

Works great, sounds great, easy to operate\hook up.

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-ht-xt1/

Comment

Bought a Harmon sb26. I didn't like the lack of treble from JBL. The base of jbl was great but just not a good fit for my living room. I thought the Harmon sounded just as good as klipsch but $100 less. $379 before taxes. He was able to see original price when it released...$700.. What the heck lol. Its a design a few yrs old but I,liked it
              Last edited by akfodysvn; 09-29-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                Bought a Harmon sb26. I didn't like the lack of treble from JBL. The base of jbl was great but just not a good fit for my living room. I thought the Harmon sounded just as good as klipsch but $100 less. $379 before taxes. He was able to see original price when it released...$700.. What the heck lol. Its a design a few yrs old but I,liked it
                That's what I have and it works great. It's not as nice as my JBL Northridge 5.1 setup upstairs with the projector, but it works very nicely. I still haven't found the perfect spot for my sub though. We installed hardwood floors and I have moved it 3 times already trying to find the perfect spot again. Download the app on your phone and control it with it.

Comment

Working...
                X