Foundation and the Texas heat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation and the Texas heat.

Moved into this house back in March and the previous owners rented the house out, so nothing was taken care of including the lawn/watering/foundation. I have 3-4 inch gaps of giants soil clumps between the concrete slab of the house and the lawn. My first thought to combat this is constant watering late at night and the wee hours of the morning. Which brings me up to soaker hoses. I know I need to go out and buy some to put around the foundation so here's my question, how often do you run them, how long do you run them?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

If it's really bad, you may need to bring in some dirt to fill in the gap and start watering the shit out of it. Like 2 or 3 hours a night for a few nights in a row. Then be consistent with watering an hour a night or every other night.

Comment

We'd run ours for 2-4 hours when we used the soaker hose method. We also buried ours a few inches under - made it easier for mowing and crap. Basically I'd run them until the area looked wet or started to puddle.

It was not magic, we still did some manual watering as well around the foundation, but it did help. Additionally, we had another set with the plants to water them (split from main hose).
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I only run each of mine (4 total) about 20-30mins 2-3 times per week.

For you, I'd do like suggested above, bring in some fill dirt, then start with about 20mins per hose and check to see how saturated the soil is and adjust from there.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
        X