No announcement yet.

Patio Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor just had an awesome pergola built, I'll probably get a quote from they guy that did theirs for cedar and if it's crazy look into just a traditional one.

Sent from Nokia 6110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
      FWIW The cost of materials for my cover is nearly triple what you spent.

No doubt, I just wanted to point out to him that they don't all cost nearly that much.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        No doubt, I just wanted to point out to him that they don't all cost nearly that much.
        I mistook your delivery.... You can have them done much cheaper. I choose to upgrade several things that push the cost up significantly.
        sigpic

Comment

Is Cedar really worth the price it demands? Do you not have to treat it like other woods?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Is Cedar really worth the price it demands? Do you not have to treat it like other woods?

It lasts a long time and it of course looks nice. I was having mine painted to match the existing cover so quality of wood was a non-issue since it would be protected by paint anyway.

Comment

It's also a insect repellent.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I just had the fence redone in cedar this year, and what the guys told me was if you do nothing to it, it should last 15 years. If you stain it every other year or so, it should go 25-35 years. Seems like a no brainer to me, stain is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new fence.

Comment

We added an optional covered patio on the back of the house we're currently having built. It's a 20x10' concrete slab with (2) cedar posts and the roof decked and shingled to tie into the house. It has (2) electrical fixtures so we can add a ceiling fan. It should be pretty nice once complete. The cost for the adder was around $5500 if I recall.

Comment

Back from vacation. They've made good progress. Waiting for the inspection to finish it up.

sigpic

Comment

Looks great
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I was thinking that was going to be a single slope toward the pool. I love the peak in the middle. That turned out incredible.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's very nice!

Comment

Wow, that turned out great. Much more elaborate than I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Thank you. Hoping the inspection and trim out get completed this week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X