Frozen Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Pipes

My girlfriend called me about 30 minutes ago and said water was coming out of our bathtub after she flushed the toilet.. We dont ever use our bathtub

I took a shower this morning about 6am and everything seemed fine in my house.

Solution? I just assume its frozen pipes because its cold as shit..

Googled and said to keep the heat in my house running above 65 and keep a faucet drippin.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
    My girlfriend called me about 30 minutes ago and said water was coming out of our bathtub after she flushed the toilet.. We dont ever use our bathtub

I took a shower this morning about 6am and everything seemed fine in my house.

Solution? I just assume its frozen pipes because its cold as shit..

Googled and said to keep the heat in my house running above 65 and keep a faucet drippin.
    Opening cabinets (so heat can get it) in the bathrooms can also help. I'm thinking a lot of pipes on the north/northwest corner of houses will be freezing up today. 0 degree wind chill is expected.

Comment

Sounds like your sewer line is frozen. Catch 22 here is that you'll need to run hot water to open it. Does it have and do you know where the "clean out" is? If so, warm water there may be your best bet.

(I am NOT a plumber. Just what I would do in your situation.)
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Just last week we had to use a powered drain cleaner cause my pipes were backed up.... (looked like a lot of grease clogged our pipes)

Then yesterday i was taking a shower and the water wouldnt go down.
        I plunged it and all this crap came out

I flushed the toilet and more junk started to rise out out of the shower.
        Tried the warm water , vinegar and baking soda.. no worky.

The weather was too crappy to go get the drain cleaner from my dad so i bought some of this stuff at home depot.

So last night i put it in the shower pipe for a 3 hours and washed it down with warm water later..It sort of helped.
        I went to the front yard and plunged the shit out of the sewer pipes in the front this morning till some air got sucked out and my pipes were running normal again.. I felt relieved.. Just sucked i was out there at 5:45am looking like a crazy man with a plunger LOL.

Plunging Outside Pipes + Instant Power = success

Next time i'll just leave the instant power over night in our drains.
        Last edited by unkoricky; 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM.
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
        Your opinion is what sucks.
        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Pipes burst in my neighbors apt, this morning @ 1:30. Flooded my garage and there were maintenance guys banging on shit all night. I got no sleep and a 14hr shift, FML!
          Ded

Comment

Working...
          X