Recommend me a Power washer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a Power washer...

Will be used just around my home. Don't need a commercial grade but don't want junk either. Electric or gas, doesn't matter. What are some that y'all have used with good reviews? Thanks
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

I have an electric and it's okay. It's similar to an orbital buffer compared to a high speed rotary buffer. It's safe - you likely won't f anything up.

However, it's less powerful and sometimes it takes you 2-3 times longer to do something and in some cases it just can't do what a gas powered one does.

Mine is going on 3 years old with probably 6x a year use. However, I think by default an electric is junk compared to a gas powered one.

I'd look for one with a good motor and have at it.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I bought a 2700 psi homelite recently, has a Honda engine on it. Only used it a handfull of times but no complaints. Its easy enough that Marisa can start and use it on her own

Comment

We have a John Deere one from Lowes. It is 5 years old and gets used weekly washing work trucks, gets abused and never taken care of and still works good. We had to replace the spray gun this year, but other then that it has been trouble free.

Comment

I have a troy built from lowes. Going on 2 years without a hitch. Starts on the first pull has plenty of power for around the house projects.

Comment

They are all probably made in China at this point. I had a nice one with a Honda engine and the pump housing ended up developing several small leaks until the housing ended up splitting. Was out of warranty and obsolete, fixing cost more than a new one.

Comment

After owning a skid mount for 6 years everything else sucks. Cant beat electric start, 5.5gpm and 210 degree water. Only con is cost. Fixing to do my 20k sqft parking lot with the 24" surface cleaner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Go to Lowes or HD and look in the return or refurbished area.You can pick one up one on the cheap .

Comment

Costco recently had a 3000psi Honda with 4 tips, etc. $269, I think. That is what I will be getting, or something very similar, if that is no longer available. From what I hear, 2900psi is the pressure needed to clean concrete well and clean wood, like fences, for staining.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I have an electric one from Costco and it's great.

Comment

Like others have said, to effectively clean a driveway, you really need a gas powered pressure washer but electric can still tackle plenty of smaller-mid range jobs.

I figure that I will just rent a gas one from HD for those rare occasions, so I just ordered this electric one after a bit of research...
                      [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-Electric-Pressure-14-5-Amp/dp/B00CPGMUXW[/ame]

One of the main reasons that I chose is because of the adjustable tips and also the GPM.
                      Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 06-20-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I have an older version of this one from Lowes. It works fine BUT the way you attach the hose lines isn't exactly ergonomic. You have to screw the lines into the unit. They recess the connectors into the body and it makes it more difficult to get your hands in there. Many gas units seems to have quick disconnect lines. That is what I would be looking for...

I agree with other statements that it works well for small jobs. I use mine for cleaning up the grill, pressure washing a deck, etc. It would be to much of a PITA to use one for cleaning the drive way (mine is too damn long).

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          After owning a skid mount for 6 years everything else sucks. Cant beat electric start, 5.5gpm and 210 degree water. Only con is cost. Fixing to do my 20k sqft parking lot with the 24" surface cleaner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                          +1

Comment

I went with this Karcher

Works good for typical household work. Will it clean a concrete driveway? I will test it in a few weeks when I get home.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've been reading that to clean concrete you need to be in the mid to high 2000s psi. My front and back porches are 6 ft wide and go the length of the house. Look like I'll be going gas.
                              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                              X