Pool plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool plumbing

Might need to get one of our skimmer drains snaked out for a blockage.

Anyone have so,eone that knows pools and would be a good resource?

Eventually would like to "redo" all the above ground routing and do some new pumps/heat etc.

how could it be clogged unless the pipe is busted underground.

Comment

above ground pool?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        how could it be clogged unless the pipe is busted underground.
        Because the skimmer basket was broken and the suction went down dramatically afterwards. Not loosing any water out of the pool.

In ground pool.

Comment

have you backwashed it.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Listen to DJ. Don't spend money for someone to come out until you have tried one of those $10 expandable water jet doohickeys he posted. It will usually solve your problems.

Comment

i dont trust those thing, dont know how fragile the pipes are,

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  i dont trust those thing, dont know how fragile the pipes are,
                  ever used one?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

yes, i had one bladder busted while trying to unclog a pipe.

Comment

The backwash only cleaned the filter, disnt push back through the skimmers .

I have a canvas expandable pipe flush and used it first from the pump side back toward the skimmers. Got zero flow to the blocked skimmer but major back flow to the working one. Theres no way to block that working skimmer so any back pressure just bleeds over to the path of least resistance.

Tried it from the skimmer to the pump but got nowhere too.

Figured i'd need to have someone snake the line.

Comment

might just have to use a pool company to check it. snake will be greasy.

Comment

Working...
                        X