Need to buy some lumber....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to buy some lumber....

I'm about to build an open air style fence, need some 4x4 posts, 2x6's or 2x8's for the runners, and I'm going to need a lot of it....would like to buy the runners in 16' lengths. I know that a job this size is going to be better purchased from a lumber yard rather than one of the bog box stores. I've got a 22' 15K trailer....would like to make a trip and pick it all up at once.

Wondering if anyone has recommendations in or around the Fort Worth side of town?
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Id call around, they will deliver it free if you are buying enough.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Id call around, they will deliver it free if you are buying enough.
      Yep well worth the delivery as they will place it where ever you want it on your property. I'm getting ready to start a new fence myself and will be purchasing my wood thru viking fence and it will be pre-stained. I think that will be a big help to have all sides pretreated before installation and can then maintain it easier in the following years.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
        Yep well worth the delivery as they will place it where ever you want it on your property. I'm getting ready to start a new fence myself and will be purchasing my wood thru viking fence and it will be pre-stained. I think that will be a big help to have all sides pretreated before installation and can then maintain it easier in the following years.
        Yeah, my neighbor replaced his entire fence, went to home depot and ordered it, put it on the HD Card and no interest for a number of months, free delivery.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah, my neighbor replaced his entire fence, went to home depot and ordered it, put it on the HD Card and no interest for a number of months, free delivery.
          Free? Shit, my local HD quoted me a $60 flat rate regardless of amount.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
            Free? Shit, my local HD quoted me a $60 flat rate regardless of amount.
            Well, its what he told me. He may be full of shit, or maybe he did some negotiating. I dont know for sure.

Comment

No, I believe it, took me forever to get an answer from them and the guy that told me didn't sound very sure. If it is $60, it would be cheaper for me to rent one of their trucks for an hour.
              Ded

Comment

A co worker of mine used to work for a fencing company. Not sure if they sell to individuals or not. Mastr Halco I think
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

No, I believe it, took me forever to get an answer from them and the guy that told me didn't sound very sure. If it is $60, it would be cheaper for me to rent one of their trucks for an hour.
                  I used to know that stuff, but its been a long time since I've to know it. Way back when, we had a commercial account, so we would call in an order and have it delivered directly to the jobsite. I dont remember having to pay for delivery, but there may have been a charge from HD. The lumber yards didnt for commercial.

Comment

I'm really missing my truck now, not that it could do much truck stuff other than haul a light load.
                    Ded

Comment

I'm really missing my truck now, not that it could do much truck stuff other than haul a light load.
                      Ive always had a truck except a few months once. It got to be so much of a pain in the ass to borrow my brothers or dads, that I found a beater for a few hundred that I only put a couple hundred miles on before selling to my dad's lawn crew. I replaced it with a ranger, and it did most of what I needed to do.

Comment

Ive always had a truck except a few months once. It got to be so much of a pain in the ass to borrow my brothers or dads, that I found a beater for a few hundred that I only put a couple hundred miles on before selling to my dad's lawn crew. I replaced it with a ranger, and it did most of what I needed to do.
                        Let me know if you guys run into a reasonable beater truck, I needs 1!
                        Now that I live in the boonies, everyone I know is too far to ask and I seem to need a truck every other weekend.
                        Ded

Comment

I plan to keep my s10 if my next vehicle is a car. You never know when a truck will come in handy. I found the limit this weekend with a half of a pallet of flooring
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Let me know if you guys run into a reasonable beater truck, I needs 1!
                            Now that I live in the boonies, everyone I know is too far to ask and I seem to need a truck every other weekend.
                            We had an issuzu labled s10 x-cab that was solid, but a bit worn with some whiskey dents a while back. It was cheap enough to keep around as a spare, and we contemplated it as a shop truck, but it was tax season, and people were waving money at us.

Comment

This thing used to bounce off the bumpstops with a few boxes and a set of wheels.

Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X