Do pools normally have a opening in case they get too high or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do pools normally have a opening in case they get too high or

Still working on house that I bought on the inside but while outside I noticed that the pool on the side has an opening about 5-6" from the top of the pool about 2-3" from top of waterline. It goes all the way out via a pvc pipe and into the lower part of my yard.

Idk if that is intentional or if they used to have like a waterfall line running thru it or something.( house forclosure hud home so no idea) Just wondering if this is normal or if maybe I can use it to build a diy waterfall on.

i dont have anything like that. be a odd waterfall with just a pvc pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      i dont have anything like that. be a odd waterfall with just a pvc pipe.
      Based on what i've read online the addon ones if they are big enough require a seperate bowl/basin and seperate pump idk could be a good area to build one on just thought it was super weird but this house builder is

Comment

i like to use my booster pump to make a fountian.

Comment

kinda like when i was cleanin out some weed vines in the.back yard passed the pool. i find a shut off valve, so know i have to dig and find where the underground pipes are going.

Comment

Mine has a drain inside one of the skimmers. It is in case you over fill it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
              Mine has a drain inside one of the skimmers. It is in case you over fill it.
              Yup or if we ever get more than 1" of rain again...

Mine is similar to OP and drains into the alley behind my house.
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                Yup or if we ever get more than 1" of rain again...

Mine is similar to OP and drains into the alley behind my house.
                Yeah. Mine drains into a french drain that runs to the street in front of my house.
                sigpic

Comment

do we have a resident member that repairs pools? need new diverter valve installed and filter changed out?

Comment

Working...
                  X