Clothes washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes washing machine

I have purchased 2 washing machines in the last 8 years. I want a simple one that will last. I don't remember ever replacing the clothes washer at my parent's house when I was a kid. The one I have now is a whirlpool eco friendly pos. Won't spin, so it leaves the clothes soaked and not so clean. Paid $400 for it about 4 years ago. Going to cost about $250 to fix. This washer has electronics for everything which is overkill. Any suggestions in finding a simple washer without all the electronics to break? I am thinking of finding a used or refurbished older model.

CN

We have samsung front loads. Maybe 2 years old?? The dryer heating element went out. I called to get prices and was receiving quotes for $250-400. Picked the part up off of amazon and watched a couple videos. Took me an hour, including the 2nd teardown after smelling smoke, and cost me $60 with shipping.

Our old Whirlpool had the drum spinning on a plastic bushing that would die pretty easily. You should be able to find an aftermarket part that holds up better, then do the repair yourself.

Comment

Whirlpool DUET-FTW We have had these for 9 years now and absolutely beat on them. I have had 3 teenagers and at home at one time and two of them being girls. It sees a minimum of 3 or 4 loads a day. My kids overload them, soccer shoes, beach towels...etc and have had no issues.

If it goes out tomorrow I would buy another set.

Comment

Have had our Whirlpool Duet just under 4 years. This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty...WELL, they replaced the pump today. That extended warranty saved me about $170 today... The last set she bought was a Fischer and Pykel...EFFing POS lasted 2 years...
        It's a freaking toss up anymore I guess. I will say, you better have a hell of a strong back to off load the Whirlpool. I used my front end loader. Thing weighs a TON

Comment

Bought an older model that is easy to work on. Clothes seem cleaner. Circuit board was bad $350 part. No thanks. Too much electronics on the newer stuff.

CN

Comment

I got my Whirlpool top loader washer and dryer back in 1987 and they are still going strong. Had to rebuild the agitator($3.00) on the washer once and replace some heating coils($6.00) on the gas dryer about a year ago. Other than that no problems. Says something about when you could buy American made products. I will keep them going for has long has I can before I am forced to buy the made in China crap. I did read a bunch of reviews on all kinds of washers and dryers about a year ago when I was debating on getting a new set or not and for every positive review I read there were 50 horror stories about the China crap. No Thank You

Comment

Maytag

We bought a Maytag for $239.00 in 1964. We used it until about 1996, and never even changed the belt. I did replace on of the lid hinges which was a small round plastic ball about as big as a buckshot. The cost was $ .25. We got a new machine in 1996 because all the hoses underneath were all as hard as a deacon's dick at a double wedding. The cost of all the hoses was about as much as a new machine. The Maytag I replaced it with is still going strong. So, my total repair expense on washers since 1964 has been $.25. Not bad, but yes, they were American made. I know I will never find that kind od product again.

Comment

Working...
              X