need a lightweight vacuum for hardwood floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a lightweight vacuum for hardwood floors

Needing something to supplement the upright we have, and I'd like it to be light and easy to use so I don't have to listen to the old lady bitch about using it on the stairs. And recommendations? Preferably something I can go pick up at the store today or tonight.

All I really need it to do is pick up animal hair from floor and stairs, she can use the big one for furniture and rugs.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Swiffer makes a cheapo vacuum.

Comment

Check out a Dyson DC44. Exactly what you need and very easy to store.. Woot.com has one today for $230. Excellent quality too...

Comment

We use dirt devils I think. Basically dust busters on a stick. They are $30-40 IIRC and make cleaning hardwood and tile a breeze.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Dyson FTW. /thread
            sigpic

Comment

The genius of Dyson is that the company has GUYS talking about vacuum cleaners..

Comment

Ill ask my wife and get back with you when she is done with the floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  The genius of Dyson is that the company has GUYS talking about vacuum cleaners..
                  Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  Ill ask my wife and get back with you when she is done with the floors.
                  My wife sells them to your wives at her store.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                    My wife sells them to your wives at her store.
                    We bought a dyson off of amazon or somewhere like that. It's nice except the hand held part. The flex hose doesn't flex in length easy to ceiling fans high areas so I still have to bring in the shop vac for that stuff. It seems to work well otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      We bought a dyson off of amazon or somewhere like that. It's nice except the hand held part. The flex hose doesn't flex in length easy to ceiling fans high areas so I still have to bring in the shop vac for that stuff. It seems to work well otherwise.
                      I have a house keeper so I wouldn't know anything about that. Woot pretty regularly has them for about 40% off retail. My wife gets them for 50% off any model about every other month. We have a DC41 Animal, DC35 and a DC58. Don't ask why because I don't know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                        I have a house keeper so I wouldn't know anything about that. Woot pretty regularly has them for about 40% off retail. My wife gets them for 50% off any model about every other month. We have a DC41 Animal, DC35 and a DC58. Don't ask why because I don't know.
                        If Jen worked we would hire one also. She things we should anyways but I'm not having that shit. Stay at home mom can cook and clean as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          We use dirt devils I think. Basically dust busters on a stick. They are $30-40 IIRC and make cleaning hardwood and tile a breeze.
                          Dirt Devil Powersweep.

It's what I use to vacuum the tile and hotel type short carpet we have in the barracks. Works great and is cordless.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                          X