Do you water your foundation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you water your foundation?

First house, never knew this. So you have to water the foundatin in the summer time. I would like to hear how everyone does it. My plan is to just take a 5 soaker hoses and hookem together and just lay them up next to it. But I dont really know the particulars like how long you leave it there and how often you do it.

Its a 2300 sq ft house if that has any bearing on the situation. My uncle was telling me these tx droughts can cause some damage so you have to do it.
    WH

Yea in Texas water your foundation.

Comment

Yes. I've grown three new houses next to my old one already!

Comment

are you retarded?

Comment

The key is to keep it consistent year round. A foundation engineer told me to install gutters and shed the water away from the foundation.

Comment

You have to put it on a good nutrient and check ph also.
            Ded

Comment

I have tried connecting about 3-4 soaker hoses together and the further it gets from the faucet, the less water comes out. If I turned up the water, that helped, but the hoses closest to the faucet would water too much and cause run-off.

As far as how long, it really depends on how dry it gets and if certain sides of the house get drier than others. You'll just have to start and pay attention to your foundation. For example, one side of our house will dry up like a prune since it gets direct sun from 1-5 pm and then has to deal with the heat radiating off the brick wall. The east side of the house only gets sun till about 11am so I don't have to water as much on that side.

Comment

There goes that idea. Did not think about which way faces the house. My next door neighbor was renting with option to buy, and he decided to try to buy. Inspector told him his house needed $48k worth of foundation repairs. Needless to say he found somewhere else. Dont want that to be my house
                WH

Comment

$48k of foundation repair? Sounds like some BS to me

Comment

$48k?! ....whaaaaaa...

Comment

48k, The most expensive quote I got per pillar was 650 each. What did that house have

Comment

225 a pier is what I paid

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                          48k, The most expensive quote I got per pillar was 650 each. What did that house have
                          Yes the guy was a kind of on the trashy side, he was just a renter there so who knows that price was real. I just dont want to find out the hard way! He told me the inspector said the roof was separating at the peak in the attic which indicated lots of money need to be spent on the slab. Not a pier and beam

2nd hand info you know how that goes
                          WH

Comment

48k? Do you live next door to The Breakers?

Comment

I put in a sprinkler system for this reason. Well that and I'm too lazy to move the hose around.

Comment

Working...
                              X