Master Bath remodel from start to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Bath remodel from start to...

Almost finished. Wanted to start this now there are soooo many pictures. It is an L shaped master bath that has a whirlpool and steam shower before.

The steam shower was apparently never sealed properly and rotted out all of the wood in the walls, base and top plates, just a true mess overall. Once we started tearing it out we learned how bad the extent was.

Cabinet before

Cabinet out tearing out shower, they loved the smashing!

piece by piece...

New windows open up and down, pull out to clean...

tub frame and open shower marked off..

Tub frame work built and tub set

30 year old insulation had to be being an exposed outside wall

This is what i consider the highlight of the whole project and no one will EVER see it, besides in this picture! Copper shower pan set straight to concrete backer board on the inside. will never leak.

How hard is it for someone to measure cabinets!!! They measured and one came 6" too short, still in waiting on the final then will be finished up..

New window trim perfectly spliced together!

perfectly level concrete to put copper pan too

Now real progress

Will have a rain shower and a hand held shower also. Tiling should be done this week then when get final cabinet get granite put on! More pics to follow of course!

Comment

Looks great. Be sure to waterproof the concrete board with some Kerdi or Redgard.

Comment

Looking great! When I did my old house I decided not to go back with a bath tub (still had one in the guest bath) and made a huge shower instead. I forgot how much work it is. Lol

Comment

Im with tyrone. Make sure if you go through all that trouble, paint it with redguard or Laticrete Hydroban. A 5 gallon bucket will do the whole shower (2 coats) and probably the bathtub surround.

Who did the copper pan? Looks good, but never seen anyone do one.

Comment

More pics of wife and/or daughter(s).

Comment

A place in Shreveport did the pan. Believe me this will be sealed up as tight as they come when its all done! Do not want to tear out this expensive tile!

Comment

I know I wouldnt want to redo one because of a leak. Good luck with the shower. If they dont do some sort of membrane over that concrete board, you better say something.

Comment

Another vote for Laticrete products. Their epoxy grout is the shit. You pretty much never have to clean it other than a simple wipe down.

Comment

So better to do Laticrete all over on a shower remodel or is it better to do 40mil pvc liner on the bottom and laticrete on wall/cement board.

Just curious.

Comment

laticrete all they way. The hydroban is a paint on membrane. It becomes a single waterproof membrane. PVC liners do work but have to be installed correctly, folded corners correctly and not stapled too low. Laticrete also stands behind their products with warranty as long as you follow their direction.

Theoretically you could do a liner and laticrete though I dont think you need the liner.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        laticrete all they way. The hydroban is a paint on membrane. It becomes a single waterproof membrane. PVC liners do work but have to be installed correctly, folded corners correctly and not stapled too low. Laticrete also stands behind their products with warranty as long as you follow their direction.

Theoretically you could do a liner and laticrete though I dont think you need the liner.

ok thanks

Comment

I know bad pictures, will try to be more stable next time!

Comment

Victory!

Comment

Ok since I am planning to attempt to tackle something similar next year (which may end up with me hiring someone anyway), one thing I wanted to do to my shower is remove the curb. I noticed yours is probably 6" inches high more or less. Before you put the curb in, was your floor completely level with the shower pan? If you didn't have a curb would it have still drained properly?

One thing I'd like to try and do during my remodel is try for a curbless shower, but the leveling I know will have to be just right. Have you done this type of remodeling before? Any recommendations on books or videos to watch?

Comment

Working...
                              X