Roof Framing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Framing

Anyone here do it willing to come hang out and discuss how to build a patio cover at my house? Looking to build it myself, but want to discuss some common build practices first. Beers on me.
    sigpic

Where are you located? Im the lead carpenter for decathlon construction and thats what we do all day everyday. If you want it to look good and last a long time it aint going to be easy

Comment

im in just to learn....plus i,hear free beer

Comment

We can make it a meet. HAHA. I'll provide the beer.
        sigpic

Comment

Post pics. What are you thinking about doing? Gable, straight slant?

Throw some ideas out and get some amateur help! For free!!!

All joking aside, Im interested in seeing what you are trying to do. Have a deck that buts up to my house I would like to cover.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I wanna know also. I built a flat one 2 summers ago and then moved to another house with out one and the wife wants a gable with all the fancy stuff but im intimidated a little on that.

Comment

When you start tearing out roof decking to add a gabled porch cover, you need real help. That's not for amateurs and it's damn sure not a "weekend project". Needless to add, I won't be coming over. ;-)

Comment

It seems simple on the surface, but I know it's more work than it seems. My main concern is all that the load is done right and the bracing is done right. I'm really wanting a full gabled roof. The covered section would be 28ft wide and 14ft deep.

Something like this:

Placed here just to the left of the windows extending across to far right edge of the house:

This is what's getting installed shortly:
                Last edited by mustang1200; 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                  It seems simple on the surface, but I know it's more work than it seems. My main concern is all that the load is done right and the bracing is done right. I'm really wanting a full gabled roof. The covered section would be 28ft wide and 14ft deep.

Something like this:

Placed here just to the left of the windows extending across to far right edge of the house:

This is what's getting installed shortly:

How much is the pool going to cost? I'm curious about what they're running these days...

Comment

Going to be one hell of a nice backyard when you're done. I'm jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                      How much is the pool going to cost? I'm curious about what they're running these days...
                      I'm out the door at $55k (without the patio cover). That is an 80' perimeter pool, spa w/spill way, 21' rock water fall, fire pit, tanning ledge, benches (in pool) and all of the decking (stamped/stained concrete).

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Going to be one hell of a nice backyard when you're done. I'm jelly.
                      Thanks. They are going to break ground next week hopefully.
                      Last edited by mustang1200; 08-21-2013, 12:37 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Where did you move? Hope you plan stay longer with this investment.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          Where did you move? Hope you plan stay longer with this investment.
                          Didn't move. Staying put for now. Decided I couldn't afford to spend 1/2 mil on a house/shop/pool/land.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                            I'm out the door at $55k (without the patio cover). That is an 80' perimeter pool, spa w/spill way, 21' rock water fall, fire pit, tanning ledge, benches (in pool) and all of the decking (stamped/stained concrete).

Thanks. They are going to break ground next week hopefully.
                            Sounds like a nice setup! Post some pics when you're done.

Comment

Working...
                            X