New carpet installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New carpet installation

So I was looking into possibly buying new carpet. I wasn't really interested in buying from places like Empire where the sales are mostly commission and I've not heard a lot of good things about it (high pressure).

So I checked out Lowes and I heard that their prices were reasonable, which appears to be true from what I've seen. But they advertise a flat $99 installation fee. Sounds good on the surface, but when I asked a few more questions the guy indicated that moving furniture around would be extra...which I'll have to pay cause I'm not doing all of that myself. And then disposal of the old carpet will likely also be extra.

Has anyone else used Lowes or Home Depot, and if so, what were your results?

I use to work at lowes, helped setup some installs. They do good on them, never heard a complaint. The $99 install is just that, install only. Anything else removal, moving stuff around etc all costs xtra.

Comment

When I was looking to get carpet done, lowes and home depot was twice as expensive by the time all the BS fees get added.

When I had tile work done, home depot wanted $780. I got it done for $240 from store that specializes in floors only.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Honestly. Coming from someone who used to install carpet. Spend the extra money on an actual professional install.
        Go to http://www.cfiinstallers.com/ and search for installers in your area.
        You might not be able to tell the difference between the two at first on a "fresh" install but you'll be able to see a difference in a year if you go cheap and the seams start to fall apart and it will need to be stretched again.

If you have any questions or want tips on the install let me know.

Comment

Never again will I have carpet in a house. So much dirt, dust, and crud gets trapped in and under the carpet and pad, it is unbeleivable. I pulled the carpet out of 3 rooms in the house I used to live in to refinish the hardwood underneath. There was 1/8th of an in h of dust and dirt under everything. Hardwoods and tile from now on. It may be cold in the winter but they are easier to clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

the house I just bought is all hardwoods, with tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.

No carpet here either. I hate that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              No carpet here either. I hate that shit
              I think the Pemberton house proves that point!

HAHA

Comment

I need 780sqft of carpet pulled up and replaced. If the carpet/install even only lasts 2 years I am okay with it. With a 6 month old just starting to crawl off her blankets the carpet looks dirtier than it did before. Like going to buy new shoes and looking at how bad your old ones look next to the new bright ones.

I would love to go hardwood but if I did it right now, we would have to do 780' of carpeted area and another 700' of tiled area too. I just can't front that right now.

Home apraisal coming up in the next month so I need to move fast anyways.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Styles plus flooring in frisco on eldorado/tollway has great pricing and good selection.

Comment

Working...
                  X