Msma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msma

Weed killer. I have used this stuff for years to kill stickers and weeds. But seems they took it off the market. What do you guys use in its replacement. Also went out into my shop and found a 10 inch copper head in my garage.. Is there anything that will keep snakes away.. Snakes scare me. My little boy always place out in the yard and if he saw one he would prolly pick the Damm snake up.. Any suggestions

Are you wanting a weed only killer or grass and weed both? I use granular type of weed killer/suppressant yearly, but for spot killing there are lots of shelf bottles that will do the trick.

The best thing you can do for snakes is to keep your grass mowed, bushes, hedges, and shrubbery manicured, as well as generally keeping the landscaping trimmed thus making it harder for snakes to find refuge. Also look for areas where snakes could be entering your garage and try to fix it. Even small gaps and or cracks can be large enough for snakes to get through. There are no chemical type repellents for snakes, but a lot of people use fake owls and place them in areas where they have seen snakes or higher probability areas. Owls are natural predators of snakes and the fake plastic version seem to do the trick in many cases. You can find them at garage sales sometimes, but some larger hardware stores are selling them. You can also find and buy them online. Also keep water from standing on your property. Any standing water will attract snakes as much of their prey(frogs, small rodents, and insects) are attracted to those areas so snakes will also be hunting those areas looking for their next meal.

Comment

A lot of folks swear by sulphur as well for snakes and a few of them I trust a fair amount. Therefore I do it, even though I know the -how it should work- side of it.

i.e. snakes do give a damned. sprinklers wash it away and so on.

We found a bunch of copperheads in our front bed and from that point on I'll hop around on one foot for an hour if I thought it could help the least little bit.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If you REALLY want the MSMA, check craigslist..THey still make it, you have to have a license to buy it. Be prepared to pay big money though.

Comment

msma is no longer manufactured, you can still find it, but its no longer being produced, i bought several cases for the golf course over the past few years for a reason.

MIke is a liar

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
            MIke is a liar
            Which one is MIke?

Comment

msma is no longer manufactured, you can still find it, but its no longer being produced, i bought several cases for the golf course over the past few years for a reason.

MIke is a liar
              I can buy the Target 6 MSMA. It's still made, just not labeled for use in residential and you have to have a license.

Comment

i am a licensed golf course superintendant......where and who are you buying from ??

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  Which one is MIke?
                  guy from the craigslist add

Comment

i stand somewhat corrected

Comment

i am a licensed golf course superintendant......where and who are you buying from ??
                      Watsons carries it as well a Eldorado...78 Feed carries it as well in Blue Ridge. He doesn't stock too much though

Comment

Guess its time to stock up....
                        On pastures, the old timers will use a cut down mixture of round up. It kills a lot of stuff and only knocks the Bermuda back a bit...

Comment

Look at pastora by DuPont

Comment

Working...
                          X