Cost of tractor work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of tractor work?

Ok I have about a 1/8 of my back acre that the prior owners just let go for probably 10 years. Had I not had surgery I would probably be back there hacking away with misc tools. I think I want someone to come in with a med size tractor and clean it out. Anyone know the rates for tractor work? Or any good types of equip for heavy brush?
    I have cleaned out one side decently prior to my surgerybut there is some thick ass brush in places and a lot of little BS little one inch trees all over the place. Also some damn vines back there that are almost three inches thick.

I even have like five dead cedars but they are fairly big. I got a guy coming to take them bad boys out that uses the wood for projects but the rest of the mess I just want cleaned out. At least some really good paths and everythign else I can trim up above head level. Oh and the tree house knocked down.

This is even after I worked on it for a few days.

Last edited by kingjason; 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM.
    Whos your Daddy?

If you want someone to just bulldoze it all, it wont be terrible, but last I knew it will cost $120/hr or so but there will be a minimum to come out and do it. Id post up on craigslist

Comment

Refresh me where you live again? Sometimes it's worth just watching CL - but people are not going to be cheap and have to travel far.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

My friend has a big old Ford farm tractor with a bucket on it pretty close to me. We may give that a go first. It is really not that big of an area just a bunch of misc BS.

I am in the Waxahachie area. Should be plenty of tractors fairly close. Thought about renting a bobcat and trying it.
        Last edited by kingjason; 09-17-2012, 11:09 AM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Oh hell I need one of these. Pffft be a 15 minute job.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Found a guy real close with a Forestry Mulcher like above. He said if I was flexible he could catch me coming in from one of his jobs and not hit me with the minimum of 750.00. I told him that would work. Looks like the perfect solution to my problem. They can clear an acre fairly quick so I can imagine my little chunk of land should be an hour job or so.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

OK hes here and working. He came by the other day and we kinda laughed at it taking two hours.

I will get picks when he finishes but this thing is pretty cool.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Tomorrow I am going to either get my friends tractor or go rent a baby Bobcat and move some of this mulch to just around the trees . It is so nice being able to walk around my fenceline. Smells delightful also. Took him 6 hours and I bet he took out 9 dead trees.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                X