Any gardeners saving rainwater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any gardeners saving rainwater?

Just wondering if any of you garden savvy individuals have a set up to conserve your rain water? I'm toying with the idea of setting something up to help lower my water bill, and provide some rain water consistently to my garden.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

i have a few customers who have there rain gutters running into 55g barrels, that they water there gardens/potted plants with

Comment

I saw a set up like that from a quick google search. I'm thinking about setting one up after I recover from my surgery. I will definitely have to supplement with tap water during the dry season. Though having rain water to use will do two things for me, 1. cut down on my water bill. 2. hopefully lead to a healthier more productive garden

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If I ever build another house I'm going to put in a concrete "grey" water tank . Sinks and showers will drain in to it . And probably the gutter system on the house . My last water bill was 360 for a family of five
        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I can't imagine what it will be on this new house. I imagine it'll be pretty high..

Comment

We can collect about 100 gallons with two rain barrels from our gutters. They are the fancy looking ones for the front of our house, but we're probably going to get several more plain barrels for the backyard. Just make sure you get them set good and level.

Comment

I looked around the back of the house today, I don't have any rain gutters back there :/ This is a rent house, so I don't see me installing any, IIRC I think there is only one gutter on the entire house....

Comment

Working...
              X