In-ground pool cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-ground pool cost

Those who have pools how much is the initial cost? We do not have a neighborhood pool and have a decent sized backyard so just curious. I know it all depends on material, size, etc. so just looking for a general cost.

$30k+ for a nicer one

Comment

Pool companies say they start at ~$23k. I have seen most are $35k-$45k. It is fairly easy to go way over $50k.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

A friend of ours had one done this year by Accent that is very similar to this one minus the two water features for 25K. It's a damn nice pool. I really like the "tanning deck" feature. Makes a neat spot for kids to sit and play without being fully submersed in the pool.

Comment

It's usually the add on's that kick the price up quick! Add extra decking, people always wish they had more pool deck AFTER the project is done. Get a salt water system too, much easier to maintane, and less expensive in the long run (initial cost is more for the build, but worth every penny!)

Comment

Hard part for me is finding companies to give me quotes. None respond or the make it clear you have to be financed first. How am I supposed to know what to get financed for, without know the cost of what I want?
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Our salt water pool was finish about a month ago, cost was right around the 45k mark..

Comment

If doable, it would be better to sell you home and buy another one with a pool. They add almost no value to your home. A some buyers just look at it as an extra expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  If doable, it would be better to sell you home and buy another one with a pool. They add almost no value to your home. A some buyers just look at it as an extra expense.
                  Yeah I have never looked and always heard this. Did some research last night and as I always have heard, it is one of the worst investments you can make in a home. Need to go find a neighbor with a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                    Yeah I have never looked and always heard this. Did some research last night and as I always have heard, it is one of the worst investments you can make in a home. Need to go find a neighbor with a pool.
                    We just got done buying a home in December and tried like crazy to buy one with a pool. We found that most pools have some sort of damage/problems already. Everything from cracks, odd sounding gear to possible drainage issues (i.e. water run off running into it.). Which raises red flags on the rest of the home.

Granted, I might have been overly paranoid. However, I just did not have any luck finding a decent home (we wanted 3500+ sq ft, 1+ acres...etc as well) that we could use with a good pool. If the pool did not raise red flags, foundation issues did.

With that said, obviously your mileage may vary and it is ideal to buy one with a pool. From our experience, it did not seem like the pools added ANY value to the home. Just a selling point, but that maybe the market right now too.

Now we're stuck trying to figure out 30K+ for an in-ground or go with an above ground with separate decking, patio and so forth.

Comment

Robertson built in 2003. Pebbltec, 60sqft d/e, Whisperflo pump, Intellitouch board, salt system, ran $44k. According to pool service company, replacement cost would be about $70,000 today. The price of raw materials and labor have skyrocketed. Put on one of the new Intelliflo pumps, they use 90% less energy compared to a whisperflo.

Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                        Robertson built in 2003. Pebbltec, 60sqft d/e, Whisperflo pump, Intellitouch board, salt system, ran $44k. According to pool service company, replacement cost would be about $70,000 today. The price of raw materials and labor have skyrocketed. Put on one of the new Intelliflo pumps, they use 90% less energy compared to a whisperflo.
                        Based off the picture, I can tell you that pool is in better shape that 90% of the pools I've seen. Dunno if maintenance issue or poor construction on those others. Just gut feeling said the pool was a good reason they were trying to sell it off.

Comment

We are also thinking of doing a pool, visited some places
                          and already got 2 fairly decent quotes from Pureyear and Accent.
                          What financing companies would be the best as banks are playing
                          hard ball these days. tia

Comment

I'm interested in having a smaller pool installed. If I could work from home I might consider building it myself. I have read there is substantial markup especially for the added features.

Although this guys info is dated now, its a pretty interesting read from the viewpoint of the homeowner as he assumes the role of general contractor to have his own pool built.

Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

just start digging and every weekend fund the project by charging for chick mud wrestling until its to the depth you want

Comment

Working...
                              X