Memory foam pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory foam pad

Hey everone i got a question for yall . About 3 years ago me and the wife bought a new king matress . But i guess it wasnt very good cause over time it got crappy . Now it hurts our backs . So have any of yall ever got one of those memory foam mattress pads from walmart or somewhere ? They got some that are 4 inches thick so i thought that might work .

If so how is it ? I cant really afford a new matress right now and the warranty ran out .

I've got one, it helped out with restless nights. I had back problems with my matress, when I put the memory foam on it and laid down I though I was in heaven. It's very comfortable and for the price its not too bad. Bought mine at Walmart.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I had one on mine for a while, but it ended up doing more bad than good. It gave me neck and shoulder issues.

I have a sleep number bed now, and I've never gotten better sleep

Comment

What kind of mattress did you get? Pillow top? If so, every so often you have to get it fluffed up again. We just use a broom handle on ours to get rid of the low spots and rotate the mattress.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yeah its a pillow top . And it a Simmons beautyrest . Might try the broom handle thing .

I got it at sleep experts and im callin in the warranty .

Comment

please clarify what you mean by fluffing the pillow top with a broom handle. Do you mean you just beat the shit out of the mattress? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I've never thought of this.

Comment

Do you still have box springs? If so, ditch them, build a platform bed.
              Best thing I did for my wife and I's backs, just replaced the mattress a few years prior and was already sagging in the sections where we slept and was starting to bother our backs. Bought some wood at lowes, built a platform bed and just within the first night finally had a good nights sleep again, no more sagging mattress and its nice and firm again.

Comment

Rediscover Overstock with Free Shipping on Orders Over $49.99 - Your Online Store for Smart Finds and Ridiculous Deals!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                  Do you still have box springs? If so, ditch them, build a platform bed.
                  Best thing I did for my wife and I's backs, just replaced the mattress a few years prior and was already sagging in the sections where we slept and was starting to bother our backs. Bought some wood at lowes, built a platform bed and just within the first night finally had a good nights sleep again, no more sagging mattress and its nice and firm again.
                  So just build it out of 2x4's ? How much room did you leave between the "slats" in the one you built ?

I had thought the warranty was gone but looks like i still had about a month left so i went ahead and filed for it and now theyre sending someone to make sure there isnt any stains on it lol . But i bought one of those 4" thick memory foam mattres toppes from walmart until then . I would have fared better sleeping on the tile floor then sleeping on that mattress so i had to do something .

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                    So just build it out of 2x4's ? How much room did you leave between the "slats" in the one you built ?

I had thought the warranty was gone but looks like i still had about a month left so i went ahead and filed for it and now theyre sending someone to make sure there isnt any stains on it lol . But i bought one of those 4" thick memory foam mattres toppes from walmart until then . I would have fared better sleeping on the tile floor then sleeping on that mattress so i had to do something .
                    2x8s for the frame with 4x4 posts for the legs, 1x3 support rails and under the gap in the middle(help support slats) and a 2x6 down the middle for support.
                    Used 1/2 x3 slats and ran them 2" in between each one.
                    $120 all said and done I was the same way, got better sleep on a the floor with a blanket than the damn sagging mattress, afterwards were both getting a good nights sleep and no more back pain. We almost went and bought a new mattress thinking it was just the mattress, at least if you get it replaced under warranty you'll have a great start with the new frame too.

Before paint

After

Comment

Thanks man ill use your design when i make mine . So your're of the opinion that its really just the box spring that cause most of the problems ?

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                        Thanks man ill use your design when i make mine . So your're of the opinion that its really just the box spring that cause most of the problems ?
                        No prob!
                        I don't want to tell you 100% but I really never realized how shitty box springs were till I replaced it with the platform frame. No more sagging mattress, no moving around and from what it sounds like happened to you the firmer frame/support will help your back also since we had the same problem. I'll also build a frame for my parents for their new house when they move here soon just so they can feel the difference. We were about a week away from buying a new firmer mattress and I wanted to build the frame first to make sure the new mattress had a good solid platform so it wouldn't sag later on, but throwing the 3 year old mattress back on it seems to have still made a difference in being firmer, enough that we aren't spending $800 on a new one right now.

BTW, double check your door opening before building completely, I built mine and then tried to slide it in the house, only had to take off one of the weatherstrips on the garage door but it only fit in the house by 1/4", lol. I built my frame so that the mattress was inside the frame totally(with a lip) but you could easily build it all the same height with no lip and have more clearance to get it in the door.

Comment

I'd have no idea the box spring would be that crappy. Guess can test it by putting mattress on the floor for a night.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                            No prob!
                            I don't want to tell you 100% but I really never realized how shitty box springs were till I replaced it with the platform frame. No more sagging mattress, no moving around and from what it sounds like happened to you the firmer frame/support will help your back also since we had the same problem. I'll also build a frame for my parents for their new house when they move here soon just so they can feel the difference. We were about a week away from buying a new firmer mattress and I wanted to build the frame first to make sure the new mattress had a good solid platform so it wouldn't sag later on, but throwing the 3 year old mattress back on it seems to have still made a difference in being firmer, enough that we aren't spending $800 on a new one right now.

BTW, double check your door opening before building completely, I built mine and then tried to slide it in the house, only had to take off one of the weatherstrips on the garage door but it only fit in the house by 1/4", lol. I built my frame so that the mattress was inside the frame totally(with a lip) but you could easily build it all the same height with no lip and have more clearance to get it in the door.
                            This was a concern of mine as well . Cause my bed is a king .

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            I'd have no idea the box spring would be that crappy. Guess can test it by putting mattress on the floor for a night.
                            Yeah thats what i was think about doing until i build mine . Got a hard tile floor so it should act like i want in that way .

Comment

Working...
                            X