Soffit vents in or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soffit vents in or out?

Reading a ton online most arguments are for putting up the covers with the vent side against the house so water from rain or maybe washing does not get in directly. The other side says outboard to catch the wind to drive more air into the attic.

Thoughts?

It is almost like the airplane on a treadmill argument. Heat rises so why does it matter?

In. The theory is the wind hits the wall, rolls up and then goes in the vents facing in.

Comment

I/we always put ours into the house but it was what just seemed right...nothing in particular.

No problems.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If you have proper ventilation on top of the roof, it really doesn't matter. The upper vents will suck air through the soffit vents.
        Photobucket

Comment

You just couldn't help yourself could you Couver? I am certain this thread won't be 120 pages like you hoped LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlimOne View Post
            You just couldn't help yourself could you Couver? I am certain this thread won't be 120 pages like you hoped LOL!

No cause I put at the end of my post heat rises therefor it should not matter. It was just funny to me how strongly people felt about something so stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              If you have proper ventilation on top of the roof, it really doesn't matter. The upper vents will suck air through the soffit vents.

This.

Y'all get out there and hose those vents down every couple of years, to clear them of pollen build up. Without doing so they tend to clog up over time, then the top side vents don't work as well.
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
              X