No announcement yet.

damn wasps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is an Entomologist, A&M grad. He tells me that where the wasp attaches its nest to the house, they leave powerful pheromones that last for years. When the nest comes down you have to almost sand or scrape where the nest was attached. If you don't, they will find the spot and rebuild or build near the original nest.

my 2c

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
      My son is an Entomologist, A&M grad. He tells me that where the wasp attaches its nest to the house, they leave powerful pheromones that last for years. When the nest comes down you have to almost sand or scrape where the nest was attached. If you don't, they will find the spot and rebuild or build near the original nest.

my 2c

Randy
      unless you douche it with Bengal spray!]

Last year they were all under the soffits of my house. If left the nests as reminders of how awesome I am at killing wasps. I douched the shit out of all of the soffits around my house. This year they decided under the house was best. I've gotten rid of them and sealed up under the house. I did nail a HUGE yellowjacket nest on my fence of all places.

good times
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post

my 2c

Randy

Can you ask your son a question for me regarding wasps or bees, or anyone on here really may know. Late at night my pecan tree gets swarmed by them. The tree is 8 years old, healthy, has healthy leaves and produces nuts. Why do wasps swarm the tree?

Dylan
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

You can also paint that area sky blue if your HOA, wife, etc can handle it, and they won't build nests there.

I have no idea on the pecan tree, but am interested on the answer.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
          X