Crack in fiberglass tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack in fiberglass tub

Looks like a crack has formed in the bottom of one of our bathtubs. The tub is fiberglass and it looks like there is a softspot around the crack with small cracks in about a foot radius.

Anyway to fix this or is the tub a loss?

crickets.....

I am guessing I can spray some foam in the whole and then I will have to get some fiberglass, or a repair kit and cover the whole area.

Comment

Yes there are repair kits...not sure if joe schmo can buy/do them, but I know it can be done. We built and closed in december and after we closed we found a gouge in our whirlpool tub and the builder sent the contractor out and he did a fiberglass patch that stunk up the house for about 24 hours...but you can't even see where he did it now.
      GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
        Yes there are repair kits...not sure if joe schmo can buy/do them, but I know it can be done. We built and closed in december and after we closed we found a gouge in our whirlpool tub and the builder sent the contractor out and he did a fiberglass patch that stunk up the house for about 24 hours...but you can't even see where he did it now.
        The big crack doesn't concern me as much as the hairline cracks all around it and the loss of support. But I guess it can all be fixed. Just wondering if I should tackle it or have someone else do it. My uncle is a paint/body man and knows how to work with fiberglass. I guess he could help.

Comment

screws and a tarp

Comment

Gorilla tape.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X