Trouble picking paint color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble picking paint color

Since this is the only active forum i'm a member of that has a "Home Improvement" section I figured this might be a good place to post this.

Recently the shower drain in my master bathroom sprung a good sized leak. I took advantage of this and decided to have the bathroom remodeled. I'm no handy man by any means, but a long time friend's husband is an independent contractor so he's been doing the work for me. So far it's looking absolutely fantastic IMO. But I have a problem. When it comes to decorating like this I can pick tile, I can pick grout, and I can even make decisions on the fixtures. What I always have problems with is paint color. I am so indecisive when it comes to picking a color that it's not even funny. So far the shower is pretty much finished, all that needs to be done is grout it and install the door. The tub and floor both still need to be done.

Tile is Aspen glazed porcelain from Lowes, new fixtures will hopefully be antique bronze.

So any suggestions?

Take a sample of the tile and drag a woman to the paint dept. Don't go any flatter than eggshell for the finish/sheen. That's all I can offer.

Comment

Prolly already got this done, but just in case. Try something like Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige. Good color for that kind of tile.
      Photobucket

Comment

Can't help on the paint color, but on a side note we are thinking about ripping out the shower in our master bathroom and doing all tile silimar to what you have going on there. Can you provide info on the contractor and possible PM a round about price that you are paying, so we can get an idea if it is doable for us..
        GIFSoup

Comment

purple

Comment

Let a women do it, and if you don't have a women get a friends wife who has a nicely decorated house and take her to the paint store. I'm the exact same way I can't pick a color to save my life and there is a about a 80% chance I won't like the one I pick once the wall is painted.

Comment

Working...
            X