seeding bermuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeding bermuda

I have never done seeding before, so pardon my possibly stupid questions.

Can I simply aerate my yard, not till it up?
    From what I read, I think I am still in an ok period to do this. Am i too late?
    I did throw some weed and feed down in mid march, but I believe it did not do much since the rains at the time may have washed It all away. Has enough time past?

Basically, my yard is made of everything. The front has about 65% bermuda, 30% weeds, and 5% bare spots. My back yard is just about all weeds.

I'm getting tired of mowing weeds. So am I too late for this?

this is actually the proper time to do, dont plant seeds too deep with aerifiying, all thats needed is to break up soil some so the seed makes good contact with soil, keep moist at all times by watering 3-4 times daily until grass sprouts, you can put down a starter fert prior to seeding also , something like a 18-24-12, 12-24-14, any starter analysis will work fine

Comment

Thanks.

I just went to see the water restrictions. We are still in stage 3. Watering once a week is not going to be sufficient will it?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Thanks.

I just went to see the water restrictions. We are still in stage 3. Watering once a week is not going to be sufficient will it?
        You should still be able to hand water. It doesn't take much.

Comment

Yeah man hand watering is fine anytime if I read itright. What is a good brand I am going to pick up some seed tomorrow.. I threw some sod on some bare spots and it is dead after a week.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

as long as you keep the seed most until germination it will be fine

Comment

A buddy of mine fert every three months or so. But monthly he seeds lightly. Cheap Wal-Mart stuff. His lawn looks spraypainted.
              Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

When you do seed, do it as follows:

If for instance, the seed calls for 5 lbs/1000sq.ft, then spread 2.5 lbs/1000sq.ft twice to get a better coverage; this will yield better results.
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
                X