small bugs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small bugs..

Can't figure out what they are. They seem to come from the sink drains in my house, but I am not sure. They fly, brown with small black wings. Small.. like half the size of a termite or something.

WTF, and how do I get rid of them!

Fruit flies?
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Probably should post a picture, just so we know for sure.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

probably fruit flies. pour bleach in all the drains.
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          probably fruit flies. pour bleach in all the drains.
          ^

I do this about twice a year in my drains

Comment

Could be one of a few different flies that are pretty active right now. Might be drain flies. If you live on a pier and beam, check your crawl for any leaks. Instead of bleach, try dumping a quart of ammonia down the drains. Could also be a fungus fly. If you have any potted plants inside, just change out the soil and you're good. There is a fungus that grows at the bottom of the pots from the excess water that the plant's roots miss. Thats what these guys thrive on. Then there is always the fruit fly. These guys are easy to ID because of their red eyes. Even being as small as the fruit fly is, when they are still you can clearly see 2 little red dots for eyes. If this is the case, check your fruit you leave outside your fridge. Even check under stoves, tables, and whatnot for any stray fruit. My kid threw an orange under our bed and once we found it, the problem was solved. Only other thing I can think of are stored product pests like cigarette beetles and whatnot. Check your dry goods like flour, pancake mix, spices...all that kind of stuff. You'll know when you found the source. Even check old pet treats and birdseed. Hope that helps! Post a pic and up and I'll ID it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by podman152 View Post
              Could be one of a few different flies that are pretty active right now. Might be drain flies. If you live on a pier and beam, check your crawl for any leaks. Instead of bleach, try dumping a quart of ammonia down the drains.

Yep, ammonia in the drains, and let it sit for 4 hours before running water through them. They lay eggs in there. To kill what's already flying around, set some bowls out with apple cider vinegar in them, with a drop of dish soap and mix it up. They will be attracted to the smell of the vinegar, and the soap will keep them from being able to get out of the vinegar. You can put soap around the sides of the bowls as well.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I used my harbor fraight electric fly swatter, once they were all gone I was kinda sad. lol

Comment

I need to try the ammonia deal. I had a bunch of fruit flies couple weeks ago, so I put some cheap red wine in a shot glass and left it out. Fucking flies were drowning left and right. I might leave another few more days, cuz I might kill one every other day, so it's working pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                  X