Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some suggestions on a few items for my garden/yard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions on a few items for my garden/yard.

Ok, so i got some kind of hanging flower basket hanger made out of an old Hay raker prongs. the steel prongs on this thing. and a 10' pole. My granny gave it to us and i needed to see what you guys suggest would be best to remove the rust and keep it off as best as possible.

Also, I have one of those crappy cox cable boxes in the back corner of my yard and i want to cover it with something but have not been able to find anything. Anyone happen to know where to find a cover for these things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Randy.

Edit. the pieces are called Hay rake tine

Sand blast and heavy clear?

Comment

Use some sandpaper and Rustoleum spray paint? On the cover for the box, do you want something like a "shed" built over it? Maybe a fake doghouse? How about a bush to hide it?

Comment

Thanks, sand blasting isn't an option for me unfortunately though. but yes i thought sanding would be good, but i wanted to see if there was something similar to that POR stuff that will prevent the rust from reoccurring. As for the box, its not a huge box its about 2 feet tall something like this

Comment

I'd plant a bush in front of it, one of those yellow/green leafed ones. Once they grow a little, they can be cut square so it would hide it pretty good, and if needed, you could trim it down to get to the box (if Comcast came calling to work on it), and it would just grow back.

Comment

Remove Rust: Hit Harbor Freight and get some of those wire brushes for a drill. Wire brush the piss out of it. Recommend wearing a dust mask when doing it.

Some other options:
            Patio furniture, outdoor tools and lawn machines all eventually get rusty. Learn how to remove rust from metal so that it doesn't reappear.

I've had great luck with the wire brush in a drill method though.

Paint/Prevent: I've had good luck with plain old rustoleum in either spray form or brush on. I would apply at least 3 coats though, 1 hour apart each. 1 coat chips too easy. Once painted, you may need to reapply a coat every year or so - to recover chipped/damaged areas - depending on usage. i.e. My smoker needs to be repainted every other year, due to heat (I use high temp) and usage. My old compressor was not repainted in 5 years and was fine when it moved on.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i will get some wire wheels and give it a go.

Comment

Working...
              X