New Porch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Porch!

Just got a new front porch. Extremely happy with the quality of work and the look. Let me know what you guys think.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Definitley dresses it up and adds some new leisure space. I would say it probably adds value to the property as well especially if the rest of the homes on the block have plain, street-facing front .
    Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the whole street is one of two houses. But there is only two that have a front porch. I might be a little biased, but I think that this one looks the best. I didn't really think that it'd increase the value, but I did figure that it would make it easier to sell when the time comes. But at least it is going to be a good beer drinking space!!
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Oh, and a new roof is coming in the next 2 months.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I love a nice big front porch !! Looks good.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Thanks. Oh yeah, that thing isn't goin' anywhere. VA beach has adopted Miami Dade County hurricane standards. The footing for the slab had to be 12 inches below the frost line, lol. It doesn't even get that cold here. But the perimeter of the slab is 12" wide by 21" deep. Freakin' ridiculous if you ask me.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Did you tell them you that you were satisfied with them cutting the downspout and leaving it to just drop all that water onto the newly installed porch roof instead of rerouting it properly? I would have made them put two 90's on it and run it down the side of the house and back down to grade like it was before.

Comment

Wow! Big difference. From the first pic, I thought I was looking at the back of the house and you just had a rear facing garage.
                Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Very nice
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

And it doesnt look added on. Good job.
                    Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

It really improved the overall look of the house.. Without the porch it just looked unfinished. Big improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                          Thanks. Oh yeah, that thing isn't goin' anywhere. VA beach has adopted Miami Dade County hurricane standards. The footing for the slab had to be 12 inches below the frost line, lol. It doesn't even get that cold here. But the perimeter of the slab is 12" wide by 21" deep. Freakin' ridiculous if you ask me.
                          I have froze my ass off on that flight line at Oceana... Your definition of cold is different then mine. And the porch looks great! Moves it to the colonial look.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                            I have froze my ass off on that flight line at Oceana... Your definition of cold is different then mine. And the porch looks great! Moves it to the colonial look.
                            Well it doesn't get like below zero degrees here, lol. Yeah, I've froze my ass off many a night on watch on pier 3. Thanks for the compliments guys.
                            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              Did you tell them you that you were satisfied with them cutting the downspout and leaving it to just drop all that water onto the newly installed porch roof instead of rerouting it properly? I would have made them put two 90's on it and run it down the side of the house and back down to grade like it was before.
                              I didn't know that it would be an issue. Should I ask them to route it different. I think that they were just trying to keep from putting any more holes in the siding. Are there any "issues" with it going down the roof? I'm going to put a gutter on the front of the porch in the near future.

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                              Wow! Big difference. From the first pic, I thought I was looking at the back of the house and you just had a rear facing garage.
                              Yeah, kind of weird how they didn't put porches on any of these houses. But I like mine!
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X