Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrician Needed for a bit of garage work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrician Needed for a bit of garage work.

After almost losing it on the phone with the ones that actually wired my house. I need a licensed electrician that doesn't have an answering service person that was either drunk, stoned or both.

Basically I need some lights in my garage. There is one little 60watt light in the center of the garage. I would like that changed to a constant powered 120 plug and have two boxes so I can wire lights to them over each space in the garage which will be off the switch that currently powers the one bulb. There is full access to the attic over the garage and plenty of light.

I have no doubt I could do it. I would just rather not do anything to have the home warranty become jeapordized.

I am in Lake Worth area.

Bump, still looking.

Heard from one person but never received a number to call or a call to my number I sent them

Comment

It's hard finding a good independent one that will actually call you back or can come see you in a timely manner since they are always so busy. The bigger chains can get to you quicker, but they are even more expensive than the independent guys. I've recently started doing my own work to save some cash and I don't have to worry about a warranty. If I want something done that is over my head I will call someone. I put 7 cans in my garage and put some bright LED's in them so now I can run 7 of them for the cost of a single 75 watter and the output is amazing. I also ran wiring for a fan/light over my bed in the master since they put the original one over the sitting area where it does nothing. A buddy of mine owns a home theater company and he has a good electrician that does work for him. I'll see if he does any work out in Lake Worth and if he does I'll get the number for you.

Comment

Thanks FF. Finally got it taken care of. Its like daylight in the garage now. Got two extra plugs also so thats always a plus

Comment

Yeah, it's difficult finding this stuff at an acceptable price. TSO - who did you end up using if you don't mind me asking? I need 4 lights put up. Wiring/etc is needed and best quote I got is 500 dollars so far. May just wait until fall/winter and take a shot at it.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Damn I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I've done this exact job several times for other people and also at my house. Its a fairly simple job.

Comment

Working...
            X