Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you built a house, what are the top 5 things you would want done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you built a house, what are the top 5 things you would want done?

Getting plans drawn up now. What are the top 5 things you would want done? Advice welcome!

My GF and I are building a new 2 story. We go soon to the selection studio to pick colors, brick, cabinets, flooring..etc, etc. I would love to hear some suggestions on what you all would have added to your houses, had you thought of it before hand. Some of what I have come up with so far... 2 outdoor AC jacks on the

Comment

I'm building one right now. Don't use Keen Homes. My biggest mistake ever.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Deeper garage. Even if you only do a 2 car ( I'd build at least a 3 car)

No formal living and dinning. It's wasted space
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I got no formal dining or living room. Carport is 24x36, so it should be decent.

Comment

I would build a 1 story with 3 car garage and whatever combo of windows/insulation/ac it takes to keep it an energy efficient igloo.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              I'm building one right now. Don't use Keen Homes. My biggest mistake ever.

Stay on top of them, brother. Don't let up.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

Formal living rooms have been "out" for quite a while, unless it's just a castle and the money doesn't matter. Formal dining rooms are still fairly popular, even if they just hold pretty furniture for 362 days out of the year.

Comment

6000sqft of open span, 20ft eaves. 2000sqft of house finished out. 2bed/bath suites and a great room. 2000sqft of office/storage/man cave up stairs. 4000sqft of shop space.
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

To me a house is just a place to sleep in and keep my stuff. Past that I'd like to keep mine simple. Bedroom, Kitchen, Living room (space for computer, tv, ect) bathroom and then a deep 2 car garage. A lot of houses have A LOT of wasted space. Folks that used to live down the road from me had a 6 bedroom 3 bath house.........for a husband, wife, and one kid. Really? That's a lot of money to heat, cool, and insure that much space a lot of it which will never be used.
                    2004 Suzuki DL650
                    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I'd love two have two living rooms. Kids can be in one, adults in another. Our small, wall wasted, living room sucks. I'd forgo a fireplace, no need for one in my opinion. I dont have a bearskin rug to need one.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

agree with this one 100%, i have both and are rarely used, my garage (2 car) will fit a coulpe small cars but thats it.

i am fortunate and if you have the room i would build a shop , i have a 30x40
                        also i have a fireplace and enjoy having one
                        plenty of outlets in everyroom , especially your office
                        alarm system
                        intercom, if large house and you have kids
                        tile and wood flooring, carpet sucks

i have 2 living rooms, 2 dining rooms, and 4 bedrooms plus office , this was for me, wife, and 2 kids,; really just would have not had the extra dining or living, but you'll always have use for bedrooms

Comment

I am currently building my second home and I learned alot from the last build. 3 car garage, and utility sink in garage. I am also pushing my house back 15 more feet to have a larger driveway 6 car plus.
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Make sure every detail is in writing. Builder showed us a completed home and mentioned all the standard stuff and now wants to charge us. Our garage is 25x25 but I also just had a 30x40 workshop built that will have a brick front.
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

1.Central Vac system.

2.RCA/HDMI/Coax/Cat 6 in every room (even though wireless is widely available now).

3.Dedicated media closet.

4.Solar!!!

5.Indoor plumbing.

In that order.

Comment

Working...
                              X