battle for your yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battle for your yard

i let my yard go and after 3 weeks of mowing i am getting it back to managable.
    sunday i laid down weed and feed (virgo) and immediately watered it in with a weed killer ( weed be gone i think but not sure). i then left it alone for monday and tuesday and then mowed it today on the lowest setting. so do i start watering now? am i doing this right? thanks for any tips and any links to useful forums on the subject would be a plus/
    tia

GOOD LUCK!! You waited too long to try and get your yard under control. You might kill off some of the weeds, but 80% will stay.. Just water it couple times a week and mow on the second setting of your mower..

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      GOOD LUCK!! You waited too long to try and get your yard under control. You might kill off some of the weeds, but 80% will stay.. Just water it couple times a week and mow on the second setting of your mower..
      i dont mind it taking a few seasons. i just want to make sure i am on the right path.

Comment

I lost my battle with my yard. Once the weeds take over it is very important to get your grass to grown and thrive. It will take a while id bet to get the weeds to get choked out. Feed it, feed it as the annoying Scott's comercials say.
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

mow on 2.5 to 3" , keep it fertilized about every 4 weeks to push it along, you can also apply a pre emergent beings you have all ready put down a week killer with fert

Comment

I use miracle gro as a supplement through the hose attachment, this will feed the grass immediately and help the bermuda grow a healthy top so it can choke out weeds faster. if fed and waterd bermuda WILL overcome any weed problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
              I use miracle gro as a supplement through the hose attachment, this will feed the grass immediately and help the bermuda grow a healthy top so it can choke out weeds faster. if fed and waterd bermuda WILL overcome any weed problem.
              Where do you get that at I just went to hd and they didn't have any

Comment

Working...
              X