Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The roofing contractors have made it to my neighborhood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikec View Post
    He signed my check last week with Mark. Now I'm confused.
    Maybe he's one of those guys that doesn't use their first name as their name, and only used Mark because he's legally obligated to. /shrug.

Comment

I sign all my checks chooo$$$$$$$ chooo$$$$$$$$$.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Maybe he's one of those guys that doesn't use their first name as their name, and only used Mark because he's legally obligated to. /shrug.
        No clue. Introduced himself as Mark as well. Maybe he gave Acid an alias...

Regardless, we're making money together so I don't care...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I can also recommend using someone that's here to stay. When we had that major hail storm about 7 years ago or so, I was approached by the sharks. I was even told I wouldn't have to pay my deductible. After they completed the work, everything looked good. I didn't really have any complaints until I noticed a sagging spot that they said they were going to replace the decking. After several calls, they never did call me back to resolve the issue so I just had to let it go. It doesn't leak but I don't like it.

Cliff's Notes: be sure to use someone that's more likely to be there after the sale.

I don't think we got any hail in GP this past storm so i think I'm fine this time. I may have to climb up there to make sure. Other than replacing a few shingles from the high winds a couple of weeks ago, so far I've been fortunate to not have any storm damage.

Comment

Lastly, on deductibles, if anyone comes to your door and says that they will cover your deductible, they are committing a FELONY, as they are playing with insurance fraud by doing so. You are set up with a deductible for a reason.
            That was a good post Mike. I think you'll do well with your company. I'm glad to see it taking off.

I quoted the part above because I never really understood why it is considered fraud to work it out so that you don't have to pay a deductible? Is it because they assume that the contractor is overcharging the ins co?

Anyway, I have 2 other questions. How far out do you cover? My coworker, who I believe lives in Quinlan, just had his roof redone. He said they didn't replace the decking and now the is sagging between the rafters, which looks bad. Is there a way to reinforce that from underneath with 2x4's or something? Is that something you would be interested in?

I also have a question about my own roof. I have a metal roof and added on in the last year. Where the new section meets the old, I am getting a leak during a heavy rain. I've gotten up there multiple times and cannot tell exactly where it is leaking. Is there a a good rubber seal or something else that I can brush on along the valley that would seal it up?

Comment

Dan or mikec, fuck giving it to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                Dan or mikec, fuck giving it to someone else.
                x2 Much rather see members here get the business!
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  That was a good post Mike. I think you'll do well with your company. I'm glad to see it taking off.

I quoted the part above because I never really understood why it is considered fraud to work it out so that you don't have to pay a deductible? Is it because they assume that the contractor is overcharging the ins co?

Anyway, I have 2 other questions. How far out do you cover? My coworker, who I believe lives in Quinlan, just had his roof redone. He said they didn't replace the decking and now the is sagging between the rafters, which looks bad. Is there a way to reinforce that from underneath with 2x4's or something? Is that something you would be interested in?

I also have a question about my own roof. I have a metal roof and added on in the last year. Where the new section meets the old, I am getting a leak during a heavy rain. I've gotten up there multiple times and cannot tell exactly where it is leaking. Is there a a good rubber seal or something else that I can brush on along the valley that would seal it up?
                  Thanks William. On Quinlan, yes, I can send my repair guy out there. More than likely what you are seeing is the wide spacing on the rafters so often deployed by 'tract home' builders. Fox and Jacobs used to be reaalllyyy bad about running them on 22" and 24" centers, and then putting the 3/8" and 7/16" decking up there. When a big guy gets up there it cracks and sounds like you're going through it. Also sags a lot. To fix that you have to get in the attic and come back with short sections running across between the two wherever you are getting the sags. Time consuming and laborious for sure.

On the metal roof, if it occurs when it's windy or really heavy rain, the leak is occurring from water backing up and running uphill inside the area in question. Best way of figuring out exactly where it is is to get in the attic during the rain and see where it's coming from. I've seen leaks show up 20' away from where the water is actually penetrating...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

And thank you guys for the votes of confidence. The closest I've come to a complaint on my work is a customer not liking the shine of the brand new flashing we installed on his roof. My guy and I went back out on a Sunday and painted that flashing for him.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

And thank you guys for the votes of confidence. The closest I've come to a complaint on my work is a customer not liking the shine of the brand new flashing we installed on his roof. My guy and I went back out on a Sunday and painted that flashing for him.
                      Mike I need to gtg with you ASAP! I need some of your cards. I have alot of work I did for people this weekend who got hit by the storm. I told them that I know a roof guy. But I dont have your Business cards
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Very good info in here. Last year when we got beat with hail, we used a local company in little elm. They did a fantastic job and took care of everything. All we had to do was make a couple quick phone calls and done. They covered our deductible in exchange for putting a sign in our yard, upgraded us to 3d shingles for free, added ridge vents for free, and gave us free gutters which we Diddent have before. How they got away with the deductible thing is we signed a portion in their contract saying they would pay us x amount of dollars, which was the same amount as our deductible, for keeping the sign up for 30 days. Paper work shows we paid the deductible but also show they paid us that same amount for the advertisement. No harm no foul here and they did an amazing job. Even called 6 months later to ensure everything was still ok. Good luck to the owners on here, sounds like they are top notch as well!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                          His name is Allan LOL
                          He signed my check last week with Mark. Now I'm confused.
                          Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          me and my father share the same name (no i'm not a junior)
                          my family has always called me Alan, and my dad Mark. but i have to conduct business and such as Mark. i answer to both
                          first class white trash

Comment

So, as I'm walking earlier this evening, these clowns are at it again and the house that they're at is coincidentally awesome. Anyways, one of them struts up to greet me and talk me up. They were supposed to email me the pictures they took of the "damage" to my roof and the first thing he says is that they sent them to me. I proceed to whip out my phone and see the email, but no pictures and I tell him that. Then I tell him that I spent thirty minutes on my roof doing the 10x10 thing all over and only found two spots that were damaged and didn't understand how those two spots negated me getting a new roof and gutters. I flat out asked him "How are two spots sufficient enough for me to need a new roof?" He was visibly uncomfortable and all he could say was "Well, I don't know. He's the adjuster.", and pointed to his buddy that's been roof hopping. Now all of the sudden someone who is wearing a roofing contractor shirt, going door to door inspecting roofs has no idea how to answer my question. I just turned around and walked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                              So, as I'm walking earlier this evening, these clowns are at it again and the house that they're at is coincidentally awesome. Anyways, one of them struts up to greet me and talk me up. They were supposed to email me the pictures they took of the "damage" to my roof and the first thing he says is that they sent them to me. I proceed to whip out my phone and see the email, but no pictures and I tell him that. Then I tell him that I spent thirty minutes on my roof doing the 10x10 thing all over and only found two spots that were damaged and didn't understand how those two spots negated me getting a new roof and gutters. I flat out asked him "How are two spots sufficient enough for me to need a new roof?" He was visibly uncomfortable and all he could say was "Well, I don't know. He's the adjuster.", and pointed to his buddy that's been roof hopping. Now all of the sudden someone who is wearing a roofing contractor shirt, going door to door inspecting roofs has no idea how to answer my question. I just turned around and walked off.
                              You should fuck with them!
                              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                                Mike I need to gtg with you ASAP! I need some of your cards. I have alot of work I did for people this weekend who got hit by the storm. I told them that I know a roof guy. But I dont have your Business cards
                                Cards are in your mailbox bro!

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                I wanna know if you were strutting when you walked off?
                                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X