Upgraded my lawn equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded my lawn equipment

My old piece of shit mower finally bit the dust and my gas trimmer wasn't running worth a shit either so I decided it was time for an upgrade. I got a husqvarna self propelled mower and an Echo gas trimer. The mower has a Honda motor so hopefully it will last. I went with the Echo trimmer because it's the only brand that has a metal case and not plastic like every other damn trimer. Needs less to say it was an expensive day. I should of just went to work lol.

I went with Husqvarna myself for my zero turn and you have to fight me to get me off that thing.

Rest assured it is more expensive to pay someone to do something you can now continue to do for yourself. My zero turn will pay for itself in a year vs having to pay a service.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I went with Husqvarna myself for my zero turn and you have to fight me to get me off that thing.

Rest assured it is more expensive to pay someone to do something you can now continue to do for yourself. My zero turn will pay for itself in a year vs having to pay a service.
      Yea we will be moving in the next year or two and our next place will be big enough to require me to get a zero turn mower.

Comment

I have that same Echo trimmer. You will soon tire of having to change that string while you're using it. The string they provide isn't worth a damn. I bought a spool of better, thicker string and just cut a bunch of pieces. It's not as bad now but I wish I would have bought the straight shaft with the bump feed head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
          I have that same Echo trimmer. You will soon tire of having to change that string while you're using it. The string they provide isn't worth a damn. I bought a spool of better, thicker string and just cut a bunch of pieces. It's not as bad now but I wish I would have bought the straight shaft with the bump feed head.
          I went with the straight shaft echo and it has been awesome. This is the 4th season with it, and it started right up after not being used all winter. My mower on the other hand has been giving me hell this year, same honda engine that is on that husqvarna... I think I'm going to have to order a new carb for it

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
            I went with the straight shaft echo and it has been awesome. This is the 4th season with it, and it started right up after not being used all winter. My mower on the other hand has been giving me hell this year, same honda engine that is on that husqvarna... I think I'm going to have to order a new carb for it
            Why not clean the carb? It doesn't really get any simpler than a lawn mower carb.

Comment

I mix Stabil in the gas can when I buy gas and my Toro mower (B&S engine) is 11 years old. Always starts right up. Someone on here also recommended Gumout fuel stabilizer because they see less swelling of fuel lines or somesuch.
              Last edited by EW; 04-07-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

keep your receipt on the Husq mower, complaints of the drive system breaking. I researched them recently because I have a Husq chainsaw and love it but the self propelled drive on their mowers is supposedly a weak link. Hopefully they fixed that and you won't have any issues. I ended up with a Honda Quadcut and Echo weedeater and edger. Love using them all. Nothing like new lawn equipment.

Comment

<-------- Has a Stihl Kombi system straight shaft trimmer and a Snapper Hi-Vac. Both are at least 6 or 7 years old. I've rebuilt the carb on the Stihl twice and finally bought a second carb ($30) two years ago so I'd have one sitting on the shelf for future. That's when I also started using Sta-bil with this ethanol crap they call fuel. Of course I haven't had to rebuild since then. Zero troubles with the Snapper self-propelled powered by B&S.

Comment

I may have to give that stuff a try, good to know.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I alomost bought the same gas trimmer last weekend but held off because I don't like the line feeder design. I can't see myself putting line in it 10 times everytime I weed eat.

Lemme me how you like it.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        Yea we will be moving in the next year or two and our next place will be big enough to require me to get a zero turn mower.
                        Why buy brand new if you know that you're going to need to upgrade in the foreseeable future?

Comment

Be careful which zero turn you buy if there are steepish hills on your land. Wrecked mine twice the other week trying to mow on hills and almost flew off once.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                            Why buy brand new if you know that you're going to need to upgrade in the foreseeable future?
                            I'll still need a push mower to get up close around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                              I alomost bought the same gas trimmer last weekend but held off because I don't like the line feeder design. I can't see myself putting line in it 10 times everytime I weed eat.

Lemme me how you like it.
                              I thought the same thing but I'm so tired of messing with spools. I was suprised after the first use. I did my entire yard front and back and even edged with it. I didn't have to replace the line once. It's only about 1/2 inch shorter than it was brand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X